New DSLR Body
Sep 28, 2007 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

panik343

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

So far everyone who has given me advice on this forum has been really helpful. I currently have a Rebel XT. I found this camera very nice, but as always I feel the need to upgrade. I have the kit lens with the rebel so I assume I could sell it to someone and kill two birds with one stone. The only problem is that all the research I've done has gotten me even more confused. I have about 500 cash that I am willing to spend on a new body. I am fine in the lens department. I'm just seeking some guidance in my new purchase.

Thanks.

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 6
Yeah, I'd definitely upgrade the lens then. Personally, I'd sell everything and focus on just a 35mm f/1.2L. But that's me, and I'm oldschool I guess in that I think shooting with one prime really focuses you to work on your photography and how you see the world...

Well that's assuming you're not a macro or portrait photographer or something...

Best,

-Jason

Sep 28, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 6
That Sigma is a fine lens - very nice.

You're gonna be hard pressed to upgrade out of the XTi range with only $500. If you like the features of the XTi look at that I guess. What do you feel is lacking on your current camera?

For $500 I'd save up and spend $800 on a 135mm f/2L. Might be a little long on a 1.6x crop, but it's my favorite lens on full frame.

GAD

Sep 28, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #6 of 6
I think you have a decent camera and lenses already. You mentioned you have this need to upgrade, but didn't really say why.

Just wanna have new gears eh? Save your money for something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back