New driver for Chaintech AV-710
Apr 18, 2004 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Earwax

Headphoneus Supremus
There's a new driver available from ViaArena for the Chaintech AV-710, new as of April 7th. http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=327

The Via AudioDeck Control Panel seems to have been cleaned up a little, I haven't found any other changes yet.

There's also a Via Envy driver that the Windows update process wants to install, but when I tried that one I had problems with the volume control slider.

Has anyone else tried the newer drivers and have any comments about them?

Apr 19, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax
Has anyone else tried the newer drivers and have any comments about them?

never had the older ones installed, but with 302d, the master volume slider affects the balance when in hi-res mode (only right channel seems to change volume). works normally when not in hi-res mode. do you notice a similar behavior?

also, you need to modify permissions on the registry if you want to run the Vinyl control panel from a non-administrative account.

Apr 19, 2004 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by beats unbeaten
never had the older ones installed, but with 302d, the master volume slider affects the balance when in hi-res mode (only right channel seems to change volume). works normally when not in hi-res mode. do you notice a similar behavior?

Yes, now that I check again, there is still something off kilter with this. The balance does change as the volume slider is moved. Or maybe the way to describe it is that the right and left volume sliders aren't acting as if they are on the same scale. And just now I lost the left side altogether for a moment.

Looks like I need to go back to the older driver after all.
mad.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 7
The more I increase the volume using the computer while in Hi - res mode, the more I lose volume in the left channel, and vice versa when I decrease the volume. There's a point where the channels are balanced though, so I use my amp from there to adjust. Do you happen to have a link to the earlier driver in case I get tired of this? =)

Apr 21, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sir poulet
There's a point where the channels are balanced though, so I use my amp from there to adjust. Do you happen to have a link to the earlier driver in case I get tired of this? =)

seems exactly half way is properly balanced... agree?
use the rear channel volume slider instead or foobar's volume conrol for all adjustments and you won't have to mess with the master volume

Users who are viewing this thread

Back