new Dolby Headphone plugin for Musicmatch Jukebox
Jul 11, 2001 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cousin Eddie

100+ Head-Fier
A Dolby Headphone plugin for Musicmatch Jukebox just came out. Here's where I read about it: http://www.3dss.com/press/pr1809.html.

I've had the Dolby Headphone plugin for Real Jukebox for a few months. I paid $9.95 for the Realplayer one. This one costs $12.95. This one, like the Realplayer plugin, has a trial period so you can try it out.

Unlike the Realplayer plugin, this one has a voice that announces the new room mode each time you change modes. That's kind of a nice effect. And when you move the mouse cursor over each room mode, a picture pops up that shows you a picture of the room that is being modeled.

I strongly encourage anyone that hasn't tried Dolby Headphone to try it out, even if you don't think you would like any DSP. Dolby Headphone is very realistic. It's in a class by itself. It's not just some kind of effect like SRS WOW and others. You do need a good source to fully appreciate it though. I have an SBLive with the digital I/O card that came with it, and it sounds really, really good. I've been using Dolby Headphone when I watch DVD's since Christmas when I first heard of Dolby Headphone.

The 5.1 version (for movies) of Dolby Headphone has been available for awhile in SoftDVDMax, PowerDVD, and WinDVD (although WinDVD with Dolby Headphone was only available to OEM's until last week), but until now we've only had one stereo version of Dolby Headphone for PC's. It's nice to have more than one player with a Dolby Headphone plugin. I had a few mp3's that Realplayer would not play, but Musicmatch plays them. I haven't had any trouble playing mp3's with Musicmatch yet.

Jul 13, 2001 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 3
The one I downloaded for RealJukebox doesn't have the voices. I didn't find out about the plugin until it had been out awhile. I think the one I downloaded was an updated version, so they must have done away with the voice with the updated version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back