New Denon Canalphones: AH-C452
Sep 29, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #16 of 23
Hi everyone!

Just to let you know BeachAudio.com has them on stock for $38.99 (+ $8 shipping):

Denon Ahc452k : Ear Buds Ear Clips / Headphones / Portable Audio

Sadly, they wouldn't take my money as I live outside the US :frowning2:

I've been around the forum for about 2 months and recently bought the AH-C551 to upgrade from Creative EP-630 and Senns CX300. They're so great that now i'm looking at the AH-C452 to use at the gym cause the cord on the 551's is too short without the extension and with it, the extra weight botters me... the extra 20 cm on the 452's should be enough for that.

Does anybody knows where else I can find them? I guess I might have to wait for amazon or newegg to sell them...

Oct 1, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #18 of 23
Just ordered a pair from BeachAudio. I'm interested in how they compare to my C351s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #19 of 23
Oct 1, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered a pair from BeachAudio. I'm interested in how they compare to my C351s.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll be eagerly awaiting your impressions.
smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's also a Denon AH-C252 that I saw on sale in HK. Doesn't look as good as the 452's though
tongue.gif

I've been interested in those as well. Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any plans to bring that model here to the US.
It's curious that the L-plug on the C252 looks very similar to the one used on the CX300. I wonder if some or all of Denon's canalphones are manufactured by Foster (like their headphones).
confused.gif

Oct 1, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the Denon AH-C551 running at $50 on Amazon, this isn't going to get much love until the price dies down.

i agree. There isn't much need to fill the small price gap between the 351 and 551.

The 551 is a great canalphone for $50 so why pay more, or even a little bit less, for a phone with worse sq?

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #23 of 23
Hey guys,
I actually work for a High end audio company in Australia and I was at a Denon trade night last night and got a free pair of the C452's, I've given them a go and they are actually pretty good for the price point they run at. The seal is much better than older pairs and the balance on them has been improved.
That said I still prefer my Bose MIE2's as their sounds has a much better presence, so I will probably just give the C452's to my GF. What you should all be really be excited about are the new AHD7100's which I gave a go last night. They are an awsome stereo pair of head phones, though again the seal isnt as good as I would hope for. If you would like a pair of good sounding, amplified phones with a good seal, hit the PSB M4U2's... Awsome phones at a much better price range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back