new dbi pro700 headphone
Aug 11, 2009 at 7:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cola8

New Head-Fier
hi, i just got dbi pro700 headphone from ebay. i was amazed how good this phone is. easily comparable to phones around $200 range( i got it for $60 canadian).
However, from time to time, i hear some sort of crackling sound from left side. it usually appears when high frenquency is strong.
it's not there all the time, it just comes and goes. I am not sure it's my source of music. I tested with various systems(big home audio, pc, mp3player,etc) and diffent sources( cd, mp3 file 192kbps.256,320,dvd)results were inconsistant.
I never listen at very loud level. Someday, it's gone then next day it's there for few minutes and disappear.
the sound is rather static noise than crackling.
anybody has same experience?
I really wish i can fix this for good.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 3
i have these with no problems. it sounds like you might have a hair or piece of lint on the driver

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have these with no problems. it sounds like you might have a hair or piece of lint on the driver

wow, thanks a million ourfpshero.
i opened earcup, there was a small piece of hair(looks like a pubic hair lol) stuck on the driver. i got rid of it, tested with sevral songs. it sounds perfect no noise what so ever. it's amazing what a piece of hair can do to great music.
Again, I am really grateful to you and wish you the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back