New Dark Tranquility CD!
Feb 14, 2006 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

xstephanx

Head-Fier
wow, although the recording is the now standard sup par of alot of modern recordings these days, the music si fantastic. of all the dark tranq ive heard charachter is one of my favrouites.

if there are any fans of opeth, in flames or kalmah type stuff id reccomend you pick this cd up or at least give it a spin. Other people who have heard this cd feel free to comment!

btw id reccomend song number 9 or "am i one?"

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
didn't this cd come out a year ago? it's alright, i guess, but my personal favorite cd of theirs is "the gallery"

Yeah, it came out last January, if I recall correctly. It's a pretty good album though. "Projector" is my personal favorite, though.

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 9
I really have to get a Dark Tranquility cd sometime and give them a listen. I've seen tons of threads on music sites with them mentioned in them, but I still haven't got around to checking them out...

Feb 14, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 9
Character is my favorite album that came out last year, that I've heard so far. Tracks 3 and 5 are my favorites, though I think I like the album a bit more overall than Damage Done, making it tops of their post-Gallery albums. I think they finally found the perfect mix of melody and agression with this album.

Feb 15, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 9
Character is my favorite DT album, but my favorite DT song is "Hours Passed in Exile". That song sounds so GOOD blasting through my speakers. Off the Character album, "My Negation" (the middle and ending) is tied with "Ex Nihilo" (from Damage Done) for being their most melodic and beautiful, IMO.

Feb 15, 2006 at 12:32 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cetoole
I got this CD about a week ago, its pretty good, but I like some of their other stuff more. Still I cant wait to see them live this Friday, opening for Opeth.

That's a great show DT + Opeth!

The new album is a very good effort for DT, shows they still can deliver the goods. I have large stack of DT albums now which will have to listen to over next several days......been some time with so many other CDs seeking my attention.

Feb 15, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #9 of 9
ahk i was misinformed! oh well.... still a wicked cd. I wish i could see them with opeth, but tis too far for a kid with no drivers liscence.

the live disc on exposure was also pretty good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back