New DAP vs New Headphones
Nov 16, 2015 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thekillingjoke0

New Head-Fier
Hello Guys,
I know this is probably been posted before and I saw those threads but none of it reflects my situation. 

My current equipment is
1. iPod Touch
2. Koss Prodj200

Im looking for a new dap because my iPod is almost full, but I've read on these very forums that rather than upgrading your DAP, upgrading headphones would produce better sound. 
My headphones are in decent condition and so is my iPod.

I was looking to buy a DAP or Headphones on Amazon for a base price of about 200$-250$. Advice, recommendations? 

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 3
Chances are you really want to spend most of your audio budget for the headphones.

Sell off the iPod Touch and the Koss headphones, spend $100 for the FiiO X1 DAP, $20-$50 for Micro-SD memory, then use all other cash for headphones.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi, i'm new to headfi. To me, its always source first and then upscale it using the best available the budget allow on headphones.
iPod touch is not a bad DAP. Its at least have min phase digital filter implemented on its DAC(depends which gen).
for your case, i suggest you shop around headgear shop(E1 personal, Jaben) to try out new proper audiophile headphones. And also take advantage to compare your iPod with any demo DAP there(iBasso dx50, AK JR, fiio x3) to hear any improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back