New DAP: iBasso DX240 vs 300 vs Shanling M6 Ultra vs Fiio M15S
Apr 24, 2023 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bose301s

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have an iBasso DX150, it's been a great sounding DAP to me and powers my MrSpeakers AEON Flow Closed and HiFiMan Ananda well, however it is extremely slow, using it is quite frustrating because of how slow it is, and the battery life is terrible, definitely not getting anywhere near rated from it.

I have been looking and through either new or used have narrowed it down between the iBasso DX240 vs 300 vs Shanling M6 Ultra vs Fiio M15S. I am somewhat leaning towards the DX240 as I like the sound of the DX150 and iBasso seems to have good firmware support and updates, that's also the same reason I'm looking at the DX300 but the 240 actually has a few small advantages in formats. The M6 Ultra seems very similar to the DX240 as well, no replaceable amp card though and I am not sure how Shanling compares to iBasso on updates, the quod AKM DAC does interest me as the DX150 uses an AKM DAC as well. Finally the just released Fiio M15S looks very nice, the power output capabilities are interesting as it would be very capable of any future headphones I may purchase.

Just looking for some advice on what you all may do.

Apr 28, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 4
I would say M6U gives out plenty of power to drive your Aeons; the sound signature of it would lean more towards the vocals with a well balanced low end. M6U's system, imo, is much better than the iBasso's anyhow.
With that said, those around me who purchased M15S regard this unit very highly for its neutrality and ability to turn into a desktop-based amp. If you can live with the size, the M15s is a good shout as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back