New DAC's and Sources at CES 2010
Jan 12, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 9
Head-Direct was indeed there, I was surprised to see them - they had a little booth off to the side in the South Hall and had a nice crowd listening to a couple of EF5/HE-5 combos they had brought along.

I didn't see any of the DACs mentioned, although I did have a brief listen to the HRT Music Streamer Pro and will hopefully be buying one soon (availability permitting).

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 9
Also the new Exposure 2010S2 and 3010S2 lines which include their CD players. The 3010S2 CD player is more interesting due to its use of the TI PCM1704 as DAC.

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 9
On the SACD front....

Sony will be introducing 3 standalone Blu-ray players that will have SACD playback capability. Kal Rubinson of Stereophile mentioned on sa-cd.net that he asked Sony whether these new SACD capable Blu-ray players will output DSD via their HDMI outputs and the answer was.....yes.

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #7 of 9
You know, come to think of it, since Sony was the main developer of both Blu-ray and SACD, and given their new upcoming players with SACD support, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be no Blu-ray audio format. What you all think?

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder given 25gigs of space, what kinda music resolution it'll be?

50g to be exact. 25g on a single layer.

With that said, I can see a bluray used for a movie and concert musics, but SACD would still be a choice for hi-res audio, or even computer download.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back