New DAC Shopping: < $300 to Replace CI Audio VDA-1/VAC-1 Combo
Oct 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

swmtnbiker

Previously known as dpippel
I haven't been lurking around Head-Fi much for the past couple for years, but as inevitably happens I find myself lured back into the headphone game and I'm itching for something new. I've alread been auditioning some new cans (HE-400, HFi-2400, Pro 900, DT-990, DT-880) to give my HF-2 a rest and am considering a different DAC. I've been using a Channel Islands Audio VDA-1/VAC-1 for a few years, when I listen to my cans at all, and have it paired with a Schiit Asgard. I'm quite happy with the combo but realize that DAC tech has changed quite a bit and am wondering what, if anything, I may be missing.

So this old timer is looking for some suggestions. I'd like to keep it under $300 and need something with USB (for flexibility) and optical/coax. Not interested in anything battery powered. What are my options?

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Sure is lonely in here. Where's a tumblin' tumbleweed emoticon when you need one? :wink:

That price constraint makes it tough.

Audio-gd has a couple of models that are close, or you could look for a used Cambridge Audio DACMAgic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back