New Dac for my Desktop.
Jun 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Xanius

Head-Fier
Hello, I would like to upgrade my generic desktop soundcard and I'm upgrading to FLAC quality files and have settled on only 2 that I would love to purchase considering my history.

- Fiio e10k OR Schiit Fulla.

I would jump the gun and go for the Fulla as I heard it has apparent better qudio quality but what keeps me attached to the E10k is the fact I can probably pair it up with my Fiio E11 for a dac/amp combo.

Can someone give me reasons to go for this Schiit or the pair?

Jun 8, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 7
Seems like you know all the important things. E10K has a line out; some people say the Fulla sounds a bit better. You'll have to decide.

One suggestion. If you see yourself continuing in the audio hobby, since you already have the E11K which you could use as an amp, you could invest just a bit more and get the Schiit Modi DAC. Then you'd be ready one day if you ever wanted to buy a more powerful desktop amp. :)

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 7
I thought about the Schiit Modi as well, But I already knew if I went for the modi then I might as well go for the magni later on since I know my nature is always wanting a bit more :)

Jun 9, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 7
I thought about the Schiit Modi as well, But I already knew if I went for the modi then I might as well go for the magni later on since I know my nature is always wanting a bit more :)

Well, yeah. But if you know that's your tendency and you'll end up there anyway, why take the intermediate step of an E10K or Fulla :evil:

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 7
I looked more up about it and it shown that fulla and modi both use similar designs for audio quality so i went with fulla since getting a modi 2 is a bit above my wallet as of now to switch to magni, I appreciate the suggestion though!

Jun 9, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 7
  Hello, I would like to upgrade my generic desktop sound card and I'm upgrading to FLAC quality files and have settled on only 2 that I would love to purchase considering my history.
- FiiO E10K OR Schiit Fulla.
I would jump the gun and go for the Fulla as I heard it has apparent better audio quality but what keeps me attached to the E10k is the fact I can probably pair it up with my Fiio E11 for a dac/amp combo.
Can someone give me reasons to go for this Schiit or the pair?

The E10K (or Fulla) on it's own can drive a fair amount of the headphones out there,
If you thinking of getting headphones that are 250-Ohm or higher, then using the E11's more powerful headphone amplifier starts to make sense.

Jun 9, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 7
I have at most an 100 ohm pair of headphones at most, I would think it would drive it pretty well, in my whole quest for finding myself a right sound signature I been getting different pairs of headphones and then a amp, so I thought to might  as well to try a dac hoping it would improve the sound a significant amount :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back