New DAC and AMP for Sennheiser HD650 - 1000€
Sep 12, 2015 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PiteCZek

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!

For some time I used my Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di with Sennheiser HD650 until my EHP-O2Di broke few weeks ago.

So I decided to invest in a new DAC and AMP.

I want to spend 1000 euro max. (for DAC, AMP and cabels), I don't care if it is separate DAC and AMP or if it is one unit with both, but I want to be able to order from EU.

I also do not want kits that I had to assemble - for example I heard that Bottlehead Crack is really a great AMP for HD650, but I have 0 experience with this.

What I found so far - I've been going through tons of forums and reviews and I found Schiit.

I was thinking about picking up Schiit Bifrost (with USB and über upgrade) and Schiit Valhalla 2 (+ Schiit cables). I heard that it is really a great combination and that it sounds great with HD650s.

I would be happy if you could help me with my choice :)

Thanks!

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #2 of 8
I've been digging through different reviews and found one very interesting dac+amp -> Yulong DA8 MkII 

It is really expensive and from what I know really difficult to get in Europe, but I was thinking it might be worth it. Anyone who has experience with it?

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #3 of 8
I have a good experience with Audio-GD products. I would recommend the new Master 11, it has a nice features and a good sound quality that is of course according to the people in the corresponding thread, just don't forget the replace one of the ports with hdmi. Any amp/dac combo as long as it is dead silent and can drive the headphones is good.

Sep 13, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 8
I have Audio-gd C-2 and Audio-gd DAC 19 and it sounds superb. I will also recommend Audio-gd but wait and see more opinions.

NFB-3AMP and DAC 19 is within your budget I think? 

Sep 13, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #6 of 8
Yes that should probably be within my budget. Is there a comparison to schiit products? I was interested in schiit also because their dealer ships from Netherlands (I am from Czech Republic ) and offers 5 way warranty, but if the audio quality would be lacking, I would take something else

Sep 13, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #7 of 8
Yes that should probably be within my budget. Is there a comparison to schiit products? I was interested in schiit also because their dealer ships from Netherlands (I am from Czech Republic ) and offers 5 way warranty, but if the audio quality would be lacking, I would take something else

I haven't heard any Schiit products myself but I actually decided between Schiit and Audio-gd but ended up with Audio-gd after reading alot of impressions. It's probably best if you ask people who has tried both. I know Stillhart has experience with both Schiit and Audio-gd products: http://www.head-fi.org/u/390380/stillhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back