New CX500's
Mar 31, 2010 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

splashpants

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

I got a pretty decent deal on my new CX500's. Overall... not totally what I expected but not at all bad.

I have one question... when I move around and hit and rub against the cord you can 'hear' the vibrations. Is that normal??

Thanks Guys :)

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 6
That's called microphonics. Wear the earphones with the cord looped over your ear and/or clip the cord to your shirt with a shirt clip to reduce them.

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 6
Ok thanks! LOL sorry I am new to the whole in-ear thing. I have never really used ear buds much before and have been mainly with full size headphones :)

Just another quick question then... I am a big believer in break-in or burn-in or whatever you want to call it... for new headphones. Are IEM's the same way?

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 6
use the clip that came along with it, that sorta helps to reduce the noise, but do be careful not to knock something onto the earphones when you're wearing it, the knock will be loud enough to wake up an elephant

Some IEM's are, I can't remember if my CX500's changed over time, but after a while I did like the sound a little more than before, though that might have just been because i got used to its sound

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Some people say dynamics do burn in, so it's worth it to run some tunes on your CX500.

However, I'm a believer of simply listening to your headphones, and monitoring any differences over time (if any).

Apr 1, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #6 of 6
Ok cool shrimp. I guess I will listen to them during my burn-in period :)

And thanks for the advice jiamenguk :) I will definitely try the clip though I found hooking them around my ears works really well... however with the cx500 it looks kinda stupid :p

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back