New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3
Dec 5, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #1,351 of 1,401
I have a few questions.

I'm going to order the hybrid cable from Forza AudioWorks for the SD-2. Which connector do I choose, the L or Straight?

As for ear tips, which is better? Comply or Sony Hybrid.

If the Sony, are there any authorized US dealers on eBay?

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #1,353 of 1,401
I have a few questions.

I'm going to order the hybrid cable from Forza AudioWorks for the SD-2. Which connector do I choose, the L or Straight?

As for ear tips, which is better? Comply or Sony Hybrid.

If the Sony, are there any authorized US dealers on eBay?

I think you should buy the straight connector (I have the same problem actually) as the stock cable.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #1,357 of 1,401
Just making sure we both were talking about the 2-pin. I have no problem with the stock cable in terms of fit. I only want to upgrade it to a better cable for sound quality.

Yes, me too. I suggest you to buy the copper one if you need slightly more bass and the hybrid if you need more extended highs. I have a problem of harshness but I think it's to do with my ear canal. I'll buy the copper one. If you feel the highs should be more open, forward and clear/clean, the hybrid should be good. I would buy it myself if I hadn't this issue.

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #1,358 of 1,401
Yes, me too. I suggest you to buy the copper one if you need slightly more bass and the hybrid if you need more extended highs. I have a problem of harshness but I think it's to do with my ear canal. I'll buy the copper one. If you feel the highs should be more open, forward and clear/clean, the hybrid should be good. I would buy it myself if I hadn't this issue.

Where do I select straight connectors? I only see options for L shaped. I like the highs as is, bass I could use a little more. Wouldn't the hybrid clean up the highs and add a little more bass?

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #1,359 of 1,401
Where do I select straight connectors? I only see options for L shaped. I like the highs as is, bass I could use a little more. Wouldn't the hybrid clean up the highs and add a little more bass?

Send them an email. That's what i did.

They Matt can make whatever you need if you tell him.

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #1,361 of 1,401

Just email them and ask any question, as I did. The hybrid, according to Matt from FAW, doesn't boost the bass at all, perhaps making it cleaner but not boosted. The highs will be more present overall, due to the quicker stream of highs provided by the silver of the cable. If you need a flatter and airier response I would go for the hybrid. More bass and slightly less highs --> copper. But anyway.. ask Matt for any doubt you have.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #1,365 of 1,401
I also have another question..along with the SD-2, Copper Series IEM Mk2, iPod Touch 6G, and Chord Mojo what version of the FAW Copper Series/Pyre Lightning LOD should I get? UPOCC Copper or UPOCC Hybrid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back