new creative zen due later this year
Mar 9, 2004 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 9
Hmmm.

Portable video seems like it would be akward to use. I guess it will have a nice 'wow' factor, but I can't see myself using one other than to show off. Plus, people will always look over your shoulder to see what you are watching. If I listen to some boy band and someone asks what I am listening to I can always say Metallica gruffly and they won't know any better, but if I am watching Jem on one of these things I can't hide it.

0,1311,sz=1&i=61500,00.jpg

Mar 9, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 9
Ths is old news. It was announced a month ago at the CES in Las Vegas.

Also, this is not another version of the Zen. This will be a seperate device called the "Creative Media Center," which allows you to watch video as well as listen to audio.

It doesn't look that excisting or inspiring.

redface.gif

Mar 9, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 9
wow...imagine a 40gb hdd in there. that's roughly 30+ full length high quality movies and a couple hundred mp3's that could go on there.

Mar 9, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 9
I really wonder how the battery life will be on this thing. It's not that great already with just audio, with video and a lot of HD work I wonder how many (read few) hours it will run.

Mar 11, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #8 of 9
I don't think these will really get very far; more of a status, fad item than really useful. This looks too bulky to be really convenient, but doesn't have enough features to warrant taking extra effort to carry around. I'm willing to bet most people would much rather have something like a tablet PC or such.

Mar 11, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #9 of 9
I saw the demo of this at CES and thought it was interesting but then I talked to a Casio rep who swears that PDAs will soon be video enabled and have large hard drives,making these devices kinda outdated as soon as they are introduced. I think I'll wait for a PDA that can perform all the functions of PDA and show pics and videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back