New Creative Player?
May 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nihility

100+ Head-Fier
i noticed they just discontinued their zen v plus, anybody know whats going to replace it?

i looked into the creative ZEN (the 32 gig flash player) but it doesnt have a direct line-out, otherwise its perty noice.

im really looking for a non-ipod that will play all my AAC files (unprotected), but creative is really the only one i can find.

if you have anything else, please tell me, i'd SO get a zune80 but it wont play half my music... (itunes plus stuff)

then again the line out isnt a huge deal, i still do have my ipod- which works, its just scratched, dented, busted to crap, the screen isnt really bright anymore, and the battery sucks... i really only use it in my car (which is the only place i use a line out anyway...) so um, ya... its probably not a big deal about the line out.

has anyone used the ZEN though? when you expand it with a sd card, is the music integrated into the normal player at all or do you have to access them via files straight from the card?

May 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 13
The Zune players support unprotected AAC, Sony's players do also. The SD card is not integrated on the Zen, it's separate, and some of the functions that are supported for internal music files, don't work for files on the SD card.

May 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #3 of 13
yeah, Zune plays AAC even with gapless support.

May 30, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 13
Just picked up a zune gen 1 30 gig and have a zvm. The gapless on the zune is seamless. If you need to convert aac files try "Any audio converter". It's free and I have only used it to do mp3 to aac. I don't know the quality of the conversion because I don't have a ipod...doing it for my son in Iraq and I don't have any acc files to convert to mp3.

May 31, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, Zune plays AAC even with gapless support.

it does? so i could pick up a zune 80 and play my itunes plus bought files?

edit: just looked it up, i think it was the original? zune that couldnt, now that im seeing this im probably goign to get one, they're cheaper than an ipod (250), 80 gigs is perfect, etc etc.

ive always been a mac guy, but ive had an iPod since GEN 1 (and yes it still works) so hell, i need a freaking change of pace.. ive had the same basic interface and controls for nearly 7 years or however the hell long ago i got that thing
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked up a zune gen 1 30 gig and have a zvm. The gapless on the zune is seamless. If you need to convert aac files try "Any audio converter". It's free and I have only used it to do mp3 to aac. I don't know the quality of the conversion because I don't have a ipod...doing it for my son in Iraq and I don't have any acc files to convert to mp3.

how do you feel about the ZVM? i really like the manual EQ (the zune80 doesnt even have an EQ!!), the wide range of video it supports (divx etc), would it be worth it if i bought a modded one on ebay (people put 80 gig HD's in 30 gig sized ones)

May 31, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihility /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it does? so i could pick up a zune 80 and play my itunes plus bought files?

how do you feel about the ZVM? i really like the manual EQ (the zune80 doesnt even have an EQ!!), the wide range of video it supports (divx etc), would it be worth it if i bought a modded one on ebay (people put 80 gig HD's in 30 gig sized ones)

I used to have a Vision:M, aside from the fact it won't play your iTunes Plus files, and the Zune will, I think the Zune 80 has significantly better sound quality than the Vision:M.

May 31, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 13
ya im liking the zune now neway, i would just cave in and pay the .30 cents per song to "upgrade" my itunes protected stuff to "plus", but not all the songs are supported yet (and thats a lot of them...) so ill be looking into some qtfairuse for now
wink.gif

now just to head to bestbuy or something and use one thats in there see how i like the zune, hopefully its nice
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #12 of 13
i ended up getting a Zune 80, i love it.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

i would just cave in and pay the .30 cents per song to "upgrade" my itunes protected stuff to "plus", but not all the songs are supported yet (and thats a lot of them...)

So just buy from Amazon. Huge selection, .99 or less per track, 256 kbps, no DRM on anything. Why would anyone mess with iTunes anymore?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back