New Creative Player! The Zen
Aug 29, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #46 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if only they could have a vertical touchstrip in the same size package. I've got a Zen Micro and Zen Vision W and I STILL love the controls on the Micro. Easiest controls ever.

Have to say it was the one think I hated about my ZM, the touch strip.

Aug 29, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #47 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have to say it was the one think I hated about my ZM, the touch strip.

I just have not found anything better for scrolling through large amounts of tracks or artist or whatever, buttons are way to slow, and I don't like the circle movements on the ipod.

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #48 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just have not found anything better for scrolling through large amounts of tracks or artist or whatever, buttons are way to slow, and I don't like the circle movements on the ipod.

I just found it unreliable and inconsistent. At times I had to resort to licking the tip of my finger to get it to respond. I generally have my music organised so I don't have long lists to scroll through. Perhaps if I had long lists I would be convinced. Also you had to look at it to use it. Which you don't with buttons. I've always heard/read the Zen Vision touch strip is better than the ZM

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #52 of 66
Creative Spec Page.

Quote:

Video Playback Formats:MJPEG, WMV9, MPED4-SP3, DivX3 4/5 and XviD3

Aug 30, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #53 of 66
US Creative Spec Page

Quote:

Video Playback Format: MJPEG, WMV9 and (with transcoding - MPEG1 and 2, MPEG4-SP, DivX 4 and 5 and XviD)

Popular Mechanics Review

Quote:

According to Creative, the Zen actually transcodes video files into WMV, displaying then at 320 x 240 resolution.

and i'm not sure if you remember, but when creative introduced the zen v plus, we heard it supported divx as well. it turned out that it only transcoded divx.

Aug 30, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #57 of 66
CircuitCity had the 4 Gig Zen for only $99 instead of $149 a few days ago when I bought my wife one. Not sure about now.

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #58 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CircuitCity had the 4 Gig Zen for only $99 instead of $149 a few days ago when I bought my wife one. Not sure about now.

I think you're talking about the Zen V+ and not the new Zen.

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #60 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's way too little capacity for me. I'll need something 80 GB or above to convince me to upgrade from my ZVM.

although way to little capacity for some...the size and interface is what is attracting a lot of us here...

besides...sometimes you just get tired of lugging a full size rig around, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back