NEW CREATIVE , EP 635
Mar 31, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by konis
can't find any for sale, driver is 9 mm and ep-639 have 8mm

I think you mean the ep-630 have 8mm. Anyways, the freq. response, sensitivity and impedance are all the same (this COULD be meaningless). Also, look at the gallery pics. The ep-635 have a strange neck strap thing built in that doesn't not look to be removable. I would have immediately ordered a pair if it was just an ep-630B or something. I will prob. still buy a pair.

Mar 31, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #5 of 14
Actually, maybe those cloth housings around the cords reduces microphonics (fingers crossed). If so, and the price is the same, I'm def. getting a pair.

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 14
Great, two days after I get the EP-630's they come out with this. I really hope it's not an improvement
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #7 of 14
I doubt it's an improvement...cheap headphones vs newer cheap headphones, most likely just aesthetic changes. But interesting that they say 9mm vs 8mm. Perhaps these are truly the cx300s counterpart? Even if it is, I've owned both the ep630 and cx300 and they sound so similar that youd have to listen very hard to notice. So I wouldn't sweat it.

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #8 of 14
Wow I sent creative a email asking about price and when it will be avaliable. I will let you guys know what creative says.

When I first saw these about a mouth ago I was not feeling the necklace. But now I think it will be usefull. Such as on the bus I can just pull out one earbud and not worry about it falling and slaming on something. Plus the shorter cord will work great with my remote.

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:36 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunuggs
Actually, maybe those cloth housings around the cords reduces microphonics (fingers crossed). If so, and the price is the same, I'm def. getting a pair.

In my experience I've always found cloth sheathed cables to be more microphonic than standard ones, so you may be happier for just purchasing the 630s.

Mar 31, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphony
Great, two days after I get the EP-630's they come out with this. I really hope it's not an improvement
rolleyes.gif

hah I ordered mine two days ago as well.
580smile.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #12 of 14
Here is what Creative said:

We have received no indications as to if or when the EP-635 Earbuds will
be made available in our North American region. If it is made available
to this region in the future it will be displayed on our website, so
please continue to watch our website (http://us.creative.com) for
updates or contact us periodically to see if we have received any word
on this product, via email or by calling 1-800-998-1000. We apologize
for any inconvenience, please let us know if we can be of any further
assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread