New Creative EP-630 crap?
Sep 12, 2006 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kaaspeer

Head-Fier
I've been reading complaints about a new batch of Creative EP-630 all sounding crap and that the small sleeves have a different shape.

People are saying that it sounds hollow and unpleasant.

Does anyone know anything about this because i find it kinda weird that Creative would actually take the trouble to downgrade their budget canalphones.

Sep 12, 2006 at 3:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Where have you read this?
blink.gif

I've new EP630s waiting in the mail..

Sep 12, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 9
on the forum of a dutch site called samenkopen.net

It's a site where people who want the same product gather up so they can put a big order to get a discount.

People recieved their EP630's 2 days ago and the discussion of that peticular order is getting more and more complaints about the EP630's.

Just to give a small description of how bad they sound.
A guy bought these for his little sister to give her a taste of good sound but she switched them for her stock earbuds because she thought they sound better.

There is a chance that the company where they placed sent them fakes because i haven't read any other comments on bad souding EP630s

Sep 13, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 9
Well his lister is his sister. What are they going to know about sound quality, they'll be complete noobs and likely prefer something that sounds 'bigger' with trashy sounding highs or/and thumpy bass. So, I dont think that was a very valid comment.

Now since Ive owned the ep-630 since January 06 out I can sure make some comments on them. My first pair amazed me. The first thing you notice (other than the isolation) is the strong yet accurate bass. It doesnt dominate the mids either. I'm not going to go into a big review or the product. 8 months later, the jack connection became faulty so I sent them back on warranty and recieve a replacement. What you said about a new batch may well be true because I noticed a couple changes.
1). The sound.
2). The black casing on earbubs

The sound I noticed to be a bit more direct and detailed. I think I may have been amazed at the detail (again) because I was without the headphones for a while since creative warranted me the wrong pair so had to send them back. However, since then they have broken in a bit more but still aren't quite used enough to sound as dynamic as my first pair. I may leave them on overnight and all day I think.

The black casing isnt smooth like it was on my first pair. Its still smooth but slightly grainy but not in a bad way. They look exactly the same and so they should.
So theres my defensive side on the ep-630s. The original style of these earphones which sennheiser have copied with their cx300s and akg have copied with the 324p.
At the price these things are FORGET WHAT EVERYONE SAYS ABOUT THEM and order some from a trustworthy retailer. I doubt very much you'll be dissapointed because for busses, out and about and my 6th form library they provide an engaging experience with no sound leakage. Besides that I only need to turn my ipod up to 1/3 to 2/3 volume(maximum). I usually have it below half. Sadly my ipod broke today :'(

Thanks for reading lol

Sep 13, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #7 of 9
I had the old ones and bought me some news ones, because the cable from the old 630s broke. the only diference I recognized is that the silicon tips are a little different at the new ones, but sound is the same...
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by basb
No the little sister is right, i've them too from samenkopen.net and they're horrendous, probably fake
frown.gif

Do you got them from Creative directly, from a good reseller or from an ebay seller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back