New Cowon: Iaudio 10, replaces S9
Nov 17, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
Nope, the iAudio 10 is internal storage only apparently. A major dealbreaker for me haha. 

Ah I see. I think for me 32GB should suffice. I personally don't need tons of space for a PMP, but it doesn't hurt to have extra in case I want a larger selection of songs.

Has anyone tried one out yet?

Nov 17, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 27

Quote:
Ah I see. I think for me 32GB should suffice. I personally don't need tons of space for a PMP, but it doesn't hurt to have extra in case I want a larger selection of songs.

Has anyone tried one out yet?

I'm desperately waiting for some reviews haha. Someone is selling one for a very low price at where I stay, so I don't really want to miss it. However I'm not sure how it compares with the J3. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #18 of 27

Quote:

I'm desperately waiting for some reviews haha. Someone is selling one for a very low price at where I stay, so I don't really want to miss it. However I'm not sure how it compares with the J3. 

Here is a review. I haven't heard of that website before.

I don't know why they rated it 5.5/10 though. They only seemed to be disappointed with the touch-scroll, built-in speaker, and the earphones that come with it (are there any good packaged earphones in media devices nowadays)?

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #19 of 27

Quote:
Here is a review. I haven't heard of that website before.

I don't know why they rated it 5.5/10 though. They only seemed to be disappointed with the touch-scroll, built-in speaker, and the earphones that come with it (are there any good packaged earphones in media devices nowadays)?

Well, they reviewed it as a "pmp" not as a "uber sounding mp3 player", so of course the low resolution will disappoint them, the lack of other stuff such as an included tv cable orso. I don't think that we should get this site seriously for audio quality (especially if they review players with stock earbuds).

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #24 of 27
Yeah, Ive heard of the sound quality..Thanks, nonetheless, but I need to test the UI and the touchpad sensitivity..I dont think it compares to an ipod.. I dont have a store to test around where I stay..I gotta buy it to test it..need your views on it..16 gb costs me 170.5 USD..

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #25 of 27
To be honest, I absolutely hate touchpad anything. I'd much prefer tactile buttons over touchpad. The UI of the cowon takes quite a while to get used to, and I still haven't figured out everything. That being said, I'm well on my way to being accustomed to it. Plus the tactile volume buttons can be reconfigured to skip/rewind tracks in hold mode which is a beautiful touch. 

Oh and touchpad sensitivity can be changed, from 0-4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back