New, confused owner of SR225 pair
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #16 of 19
Are the SR60's comfortable with the bowls? maybe you just don't like those, they do get much better with more use though. Maybe the 'flats' (at ttvj.com) are better suited for you.

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 19
The 60s are tolerable with the bowls; they'd probably be moreso if I washed the pads a little bit. The problem with the 225s is that it's skewed so that the one bowl isn't even on the top of my right ear - it's directly contacting the platic grille of the driver.

I couldn't put the 60's pads on the 225, because they block out the treble, and I'd rather not cut holes in them.

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #18 of 19
the 60's pads are different from the flats, in that the flats come with a standard hole in the middle.
If the 225 is skewed I don't think these would work. Either get it repaired (or twist them yourself, it's easy if it is just the headband)

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 19
I just switched headbands, and they definitely both feel and sound better, although I'm planning on washing the pads later to get them softer.

I'm going to email GL a little later about possibly exchanging the band, mostly because the right adjuster is so loose and that would be an annoyance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back