New computer speakers Uk prices
Jul 29, 2010 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

yoyo59

100+ Head-Fier
looking for some computer speakers, will be connected directly to my pc for the time being, soundcard is realtek HD which was standard what came with the pc

been looking at A5's  A2's  BX5a's and the odd  mackie MR5

the mackies are out my range im willing to pay, I stated uk prices because usa and uk prices differ so much, for example the price in dollars you pay for your speakers somtimes is the same number but in pounds in the uk.. if anyone in the uk knows some good speakers which are based around the ones i've selected or knows good places to get them from, would be much appreciated

Jul 30, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #4 of 7
If they are going to be dedicated PC speakers I got some Logitech z-5500's around 5 years ago and they are brilliant. Coupled with a good soundcard they are awesome.

I went from onboard sound and some creative 4.1 speakers. Made me reply half my games because I could suddenly hear all these amazing things I never new existed.

Can't comment really on "proper" hi-fi speakers though.

Jul 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 7
z-5550 are pretty good for the price but the sub is very boomy and the surround and center satellites weren't getting much play time. They served me well when I had them, but I kinda wish I would of just invested in a "proper" 2.0/2.1 setup from the get go instead.

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #7 of 7
Logitech fails.

I'd drop audioengines from your list and look at active (=bi amped/active crossover) studio monitors instead, you've already got one in your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back