New Computer Goodies
Feb 17, 2006 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BodiesOfLight

500+ Head-Fier
Just got my EVGA 6600GT GPU and 500W Antec Smartpower PSU, installed them just tonight and my system as is running insanely smooth and fast, I'm very pleased. Ran into no problems as well, which was nice-- well, swiching out PSU was kind of annoying, and with my case being kind of small (mini-tower), kind of a pain, but it worked out.

Huge step up for me graphic wise, it's overkill for me really, as well as the PSU, but the price was right.

With the extra fan in there (GPU fan), I noticed a little more noise, but it doesn't really bother me, I'll get used to it. The PSU is really nice, already has sleeves on all the cables.

Pretty sweet.

Feb 17, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 4
Nice upgrades ... play any games on the new card yet?

Feb 17, 2006 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Not yet, I don't play that much, but I'll fire up BF2 sometime here when I feel like playing and have time. I mainly got the upgrade to run my new LCD properly.

I've read this card runs hot, so I don't know if I should get some after market cooling (like a PCI fan) or not. I don't play games intensively, so I'm not sure I need it. I feel like I keep having to buy something for something that I just buy, it's getting annoying. A fan won't be expensive though if I feel I need it..

Also, if anyone knows how to enable to temp. monitor on this card, and could tell me, that would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back