New Comply tips coming? TF10 *nozzle size* vs SF5/EB *nozzle size*
Jan 6, 2008 at 8:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

blipmusic

100+ Head-Fier
Checking here it seems there are Comply tips for the UE SF5/EB (Are these new...? Haven't seen UE compatible Complys before). Since I find modding the Shure black olive tips to fit the TF10 too much of a pain, I'm hoping they are the same size. Pictures seem to support this but I just wanted to ask before I press the "buy" button.

I'm currently using the standard gray foamies that came with my ER4 but since I have to remove the tubing the foam looses its "inner support" and decompresses fairly quickly after a couple of days use.

Edit: The site seems new enough in regards to products and the usual missing links. Well CES is around the corner so...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:53 AM Post #2 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by blipmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Checking here it seems there are Comply tips for the UE SF5/EB (Are these new...? Haven't seen UE compatible Complys before). Since I find modding the Shure black olive tips to fit the TF10 too much of a pain, I'm hoping they are the same size. Pictures seem to support this but I just wanted to ask before I press the "buy" button.

I'm currently using the standard gray foamies that came with my ER4 but since I have to remove the tubing the foam looses its "inner support" and decompresses fairly quickly after a couple of days use.

Edit: The site seems new enough in regards to products and the usual missing links. Well CES is around the corner so...
smily_headphones1.gif

I own complys embedded in my westone um2, and these are very similar, so don't be hurry to press the buy button! drop an email to the company first!

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by zomas65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own complys embedded in my westone um2, and these are very similar, so don't be hurry to press the buy button! drop an email to the company first!

yes, I know that uesf5eb are listed, but the image section of theri website is not ready, so, be careful!

Jan 6, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #4 of 18
Yes, I think I will, alhough the Comply tips on the site I linked to seem to be IEM specific (i.e nozzle size specific) unlike the ones sold on the westone site. You choose the tip by choosing the IEM you own on the new site and this inludes the SF5/EB why I was hoping they have the same large nozzle as the TF10 Pro. It looks as if they have a new range of Comply tips out. At least size wise. Maybe I should change the title to reflect this.

Edit: Hey, you're too fast for me. :p I'll hold off for a bit but I'm keeping my hopes high here.

Jan 6, 2008 at 12:39 PM Post #5 of 18
Looks like the T-400 model is the correct size for the Triple.fi. Same size as the Denon, JVC(except FX33), Sennheiser CX, V-moda Vibe, Sony ones. Those are the same size as the whole UE line. Yes, I have had all the UE universals except the EB and they all have the same size barrel. The 10's do sound best with the ER4 foams but they don't make for a really good solution.

They appear to be new and come up on a Yahoo search(not on Google or Google product search) so no other options.

3 pair for $15 is the same price(correct me) as the Shure black foams. You should give them a try. It would be good to have another option. And one that needs no modding. I'm sure more than a few people are interested.

Someone may want to try the ear bud enhancers on their Yuin's. The design looks promising with the venting and angled sound tube. May be the first design that really works.

Jan 6, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 18
I just email-ed cust support to inquire to the availability/compatibility with the UE 5pro's. Hopefully they get back to me. From what I've read, I think the 5EB's have a smaller stem.

Jan 6, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like the T-400 model is the correct size for the Triple.fi. Same size as the Denon, JVC(except FX33), Sennheiser CX, V-moda Vibe, Sony ones. Those are the same size as the whole UE line. Yes, I have had all the UE universals except the EB and they all have the same size barrel. The 10's do sound best with the ER4 foams but they don't make for a really good solution.

They appear to be new and come up on a Yahoo search(not on Google or Google product search) so no other options.

3 pair for $15 is the same price(correct me) as the Shure black foams. You should give them a try. It would be good to have another option. And one that needs no modding. I'm sure more than a few people are interested.

Someone may want to try the ear bud enhancers on their Yuin's. The design looks promising with the venting and angled sound tube. May be the first design that really works.

Sounds good, thanks for the input. I'll order some and then we'll see. Yeah, modding tips for the UE universal series seems to be a general PITA. The ety foams work for a short while but come off and decompress (length-wise) to easily. Was thinking of trying the olives since I use them for my ER4 but I figured that if I got them on there they probably wouldn't come off (without a involving scalpels and what not) and removing the tubing isn't easy since the olives are well made (glue all the way, not only at the ends as with the ety gray foamies).

Hmm if those ibud-thingies work well for the Yuin (if the size is right, that is...?) I'm getting a PK1. They'd be quite versatile that way. Only we need someone to try them out first.
tongue.gif

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugby10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just email-ed cust support to inquire to the availability/compatibility with the UE 5pro's. Hopefully they get back to me. From what I've read, I think the 5EB's have a smaller stem.

But jant71 says he's owned all of the UE universals and that the barrel is the same size...? Anyway, I'll get some.

EDIT 2:

Seems they won't take international orders online.
frown.gif
Well there's phone order but I'm not calling them from Sweden to get a couple of tips... I'll have to wait until someone sells them on eBay.

Jan 6, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #8 of 18
If you need the Compys for Ety and other phones, this is the place to get them (compare prices with anyone else). I've purchased the shorts and regulars from these folks, and they are legit. Not sure about any new tips from Comply, but I can tell you the Comply shorts are perfect for the Etys, Altec-Lansings (716 and 616). Very comfy, and just the right fit for the Ety and AL sound tubes.

Comply® Foam Tips For Type A Isolation Earphones - RaceQuiet Isolation Earphones with Hearing Protection

I also took the plunge and bought some of those Whoomp! ear bud enhancers from the Comply site, though I am doubtful they will add anything to the Yuins. I tried a similar (but all plastic) solution once ($10 for 6 pair of different sizes) and they sucked. They were called Slicsound Slic Sound add-ons: SUPER SOFT Tips for All Standard Ear Buds! - Earphone Accessories

But what the heck? File it under the "guinea pig" label. Comply does make great sleeves, so why not an ear bud enhancer, right?

I'll report back on those.

Jan 6, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 18
Thanks I'll try the earplug store. Hopefully they'll sell the new Complys soon enough as I'm looking specifically for TF10 tips.
biggrin.gif

Hope the whoomp (who the hell came up with that name anyway?) fits. Even better if they actually add something. Then again, much better if the Yuins sound like normal with those on, which in itself is good enough, just with a bit of isolation when needed.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #11 of 18
I'm curious too. I actually find that when I mod the Shure olives to fit the SF5 Pro it makes them more uncomfortable. I have smaller ear canals and when I put the the UE post tube in the Shure foam it stretches it a lot which makes it much harder. So far, I prefer the UE silicon tips to the Shure olives on my SF5 Pro.

Feb 19, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just noticed this post. DO NOT buy the ibud enhancers, but if you must, I have a pair to sell you. Plain and simple, they stink. Good idea, horrible results. Not sure why, but in my view, enhancing an ear bud is really not possible. I paid $22 for these pieces of junk. Actually ruined one pair (you get two in the box), trying to get the foamie tip off it to use (after my listening tests proved the product worthless). They are not returnable, either, for obvious reasons. But if you have Yuins, STAY AWAY from the Comply ear bud to IEM solution. When you think of it, why do you want IEMs anyway, when ear buds are more comfortable (for most people).

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, anyone already have/tried the T-400 on Super- or TripleFis?

I never received a response from Comply to my email, and continue to be curious if they #1 fit the SF5pro's and #2 if the sound/seal is worth the effort...

Feb 22, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by rugby10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never received a response from Comply to my email, and continue to be curious if they #1 fit the SF5pro's and #2 if the sound/seal is worth the effort...

We have just approved the Comply™ T-400 foam tips compatibility with UE's Super.Fi 3 Studio, Super.Fi 5 Pro, and Triple.Fi 10 Pro. Our brand/model navigator has been updated at Comply™ Foam Replacement Tips, Noise Reduction Earphones, and Mobile Phone Earsets with Noise Reduction.. Thanks for your interest in Comply™ foam tips.

Feb 22, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just noticed this post. DO NOT buy the ibud enhancers, but if you must, I have a pair to sell you. Plain and simple, they stink. Good idea, horrible results. Not sure why, but in my view, enhancing an ear bud is really not possible. I paid $22 for these pieces of junk. Actually ruined one pair (you get two in the box), trying to get the foamie tip off it to use (after my listening tests proved the product worthless). They are not returnable, either, for obvious reasons. But if you have Yuins, STAY AWAY from the Comply ear bud to IEM solution. When you think of it, why do you want IEMs anyway, when ear buds are more comfortable (for most people).

I apologize for your poor experience with our Comply™ Whoomp!™ Earbud Enhancers. They have generally been a huge success with our customers. They are designed specifically to snap over standard Apple(R) earbuds to enhance the comfort, in-ear fit, and sound quality. Some consumers don't want or need the superior sound quality or noise isolation levels of an IEM paired with Comply™ foam tips. For these users, the Whoomp!™ are a simple, effective, inexpensive solution. Whoomp!™ is designed as a completely disposable product and the foam tips are permanently glued to the post, so as to not come off in your ear.

If I can provide any additional information on any of our Comply™ products please send me a private message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back