New "Comfortable" Headphones
Nov 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #17 of 21
To all who are wondering, I have the premium 600 ohm version. I'd rather not experiment with new pads because nothing is inherently wrong with the original pads. I think it just is the cups in general. While I'm sure that the hd598 is a great headphone, I'm afraid it just will be too similar to the 595 which has failed to musically convict me in the way that the Beyers have. I feel like I would prefer the darker sound of the hd600 and would enjoy the contrast from the brighter Beyers. I actually appreciate a darker SS as long as it doesn't muddy things up (which is why I will stay clear of the hd650).

Does the 598 compare favorably to the 600 in a way that would keep me from feeling I had completely downgraded from the Beyers? Does it have the genre bandwidth, detail, and dynamics to keep up with the 600? Also, does it completely outclass it in comfort? I expect it to be lighter, but how about other areas?

Nov 20, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #18 of 21
Wow. This is a first. Someone disliking the Beyerdynamic for comfort! These have always been the most comfortable cans I've had on my head.

I wouldn't get new pads. New cans seem to be in order. HD598 will be nearly the same as the HD595. Don't try those. The HD600 is magical. I suggest those. It is a big leap from the HD595 in sound quality. I've owned the 650, 600, and 555.

Just get the HD600. If you get the 598, you will be very disappointed because it will be the same as the HD595. The HD600 will be a completely new and wonderful experience. Plus, if you don't like them for some reason, you can sell them on the forums here and someone will happily buy them.

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
To all who are wondering, I have the premium 600 ohm version. I'd rather not experiment with new pads because nothing is inherently wrong with the original pads. I think it just is the cups in general. While I'm sure that the hd598 is a great headphone, I'm afraid it just will be too similar to the 595 which has failed to musically convict me in the way that the Beyers have. I feel like I would prefer the darker sound of the hd600 and would enjoy the contrast from the brighter Beyers. I actually appreciate a darker SS as long as it doesn't muddy things up (which is why I will stay clear of the hd650).
Does the 598 compare favorably to the 600 in a way that would keep me from feeling I had completely downgraded from the Beyers? Does it have the genre bandwidth, detail, and dynamics to keep up with the 600? Also, does it completely outclass it in comfort? I expect it to be lighter, but how about other areas?

I just tried my HD-558s and DT-770 Pro on my head, switching a few times, technically the DT-770 are a little more comfortable over the HD-558s.
Not enough that it would make any differences to wearing one over the other.
The Beyer Premiums are said to be more comfortable then the Beyer Pros.
The HD-558s are lighter then the DT-770s.
My HD-558s are only 2 months old and the DT-770 Pro 250-Ohms are 8-9 months old.
So the DT-770s have had more time to break in

Nov 21, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #20 of 21
Just an update on my DT880 PRO 600 Ohms. In case anyone's wondering..

It's an unofficial version of the DT880 PRO which is custom built for certain dealers.

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
Wow. This is a first. Someone disliking the Beyerdynamic for comfort! These have always been the most comfortable cans I've had on my head.

Nope, this is not new, I had a terrible experience with ear pads.
It starts irritating after 15 mins, not to mention the clamping force.

The flaw of this Beyerdynamic DT premiums are the earcups, they are too small and headbands does not extends as much as all the Sennheiser headphones.

That was the reason I sold mine :frowning2: and horrible trebles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back