New closed phones (Meze 99 replacement)
Jul 7, 2016 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tryminator

Head-Fier
Hi :)

I have used the Meze 99 classics for a few months now, and I love they sound signature. My problem is that they are pushing the outside of my ears, so its starts hurting after just 30 minutes of listening. Since there isn't any bigger pads for the moment I need something else, at least before I get some deeper pads.

Any alternatives you would recommend? They need to be closed.
Price: max $500

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi :)

I have used the Meze 99 classics for a few months now, and I love they sound signature. My problem is that they are pushing the outside of my ears, so its starts hurting after just 30 minutes of listening. Since there isn't any bigger pads for the moment I need something else, at least before I get some deeper pads.

Any alternatives you would recommend? They need to be closed.
Price: max $500
You might have a look at the Oppo PM-3's. Closed backs limit your options a bit. I didn't notice how deep the pads are though you might want to check out the pm-3 thread to ask there options on pads if there is any. Too bad they can't work for you they are really nice headphones met one of the guys that make them at CanJam super nice .

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #3 of 4
You might have a look at the Oppo PM-3's. Closed backs limit your options a bit. I didn't notice how deep the pads are though you might want to check out the pm-3 thread to ask there options on pads if there is any. Too bad they can't work for you they are really nice headphones met one of the guys that make them at CanJam super nice .

I would also conditionally recommend the Oppo PM-3; technically the pads aren't supposed to be user-removable, but if you're careful and willing to take the risk, they can be taken off. I'm not aware of any replacement pads that would be deeper than the stock ones if they are uncomfortable, though.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 4
Only heard them and don't know about pad rolling it is the closest to the Meze in sound as I have heard. I could be wrong as I haven't heard everything but if memory is correct they are close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back