new closed earphones for MD
Feb 21, 2003 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ismala

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I have a Sony MZ-N1 MD recorder that i use with a pair of sennheiser mx500.

I love the sound of the mx500's, but i want to buy another pair of earphones or earbuds that give me some isolation because sometimes i use my MD at bus, subway or train.

I principally listen to hard-rock and metal music.
I don't have any much money to spend and i need a pair that goes well without and amp.

i was considering aiwa vx100 (hp-v600 here in Europe), or sony ex70. any other options?

how about the new sony ex71? has anyone listened to them?

Perhaps, i must wait to save more money and go for the ety ER6?

Thanks, i wait your posts

P.D: Sorry for my english but i am from Spain

Feb 21, 2003 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Does it have to be earbuds/plugs?

I've read some great things about the Senn px200s. I don't own them so I can't tell you what they sound like. But I know they're small portable closed phones. Maybe others can comment on them :)

The cost about €50 in Holland. Don't know about Spain.
And they fold up.

Some pics:
px200_150px.jpg

px200_app1.jpg

px200_app2.jpg

Hey in Spanish

[size=xx-small]If people have a problem with me posting pics just say so. I think it makes post more informative and fun, but if this is not how you guys want your messageboard to look like just let me know[/size]

Feb 21, 2003 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for reposnding Lisa.

I think PX200 can be a good option for me, i have read some good reviews about them and they can go in my pockey with my MD but i prefer to carry an earphones or earbuds that go inside my ears, not headphones around my head.

I am thinking on aiwa v600 or sony ex70-71 because of the price or saving more money and go gor the ety er6.

¿what people think i must do?

are any others options for me?

Thank you very much

Feb 21, 2003 at 6:58 PM Post #4 of 7
There are definite advantages to having something like the PX200 over the EX70. The PX200 seals out less outside noise but it's enough for most situations. The EX70 seals out outside noise to an extent that you have to keep taking them off to hear train announcements, etc. And for me it's a real hassle to put them back in your ear again. The PX200 is still pocketable, can be worn/removed quickly and it sounds a lot better than the EX70. I would definitely recommend it over the EX70.
Just one warning about the PX200. If you have a big head, forget it.

Feb 21, 2003 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Wassat?? Bangraman recommending the PX200
eek.gif

Ah - I see he's recommending them over the EX70. Well, almost anything is better than the EX70, except the ER6.

To be totally serious, I like the PX200 a lot. I use them on the train every day. They isolate enough - as Bangraman says, in-ears isolate too much to hear what's going on around you, and I hate that a lot. However, I don't usually hear the train announcements because I listen too loud
evil_smiley.gif
. But I don't worry about annoying the person next to me because they leak so little.

I consider the PX200 to be better than the Sony D66, and therefore the best portable can available (actually, I don't consider the D66 to be portable). However, they don't stack up against full size cans - contrary to popular opinion I feel this is because they have to much mid-range, other people consider them to be dull and/or bloated in the bass - neither of which I find them to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back