new ck10 audio technica iem/canalphones
Oct 5, 2007 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

shigzeo

The Hiss King
hello everyone. it looks as if there will be a new double or triple iem on the way from our favourite audio technica. honestly, they make wonderful headphone cases.

good luck, i will check thems out when they get out and hopefullly have something to say that is better than just this link.

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #2 of 10
They probably won't be popular at all here in North America. Nobody wanted a $169 single armature(the CK9) when you could buy the others at $99 or less and those were made by more established companies. So, few here are going to pay $300+ for a dual armature when they can get Livewires/E530/q-Jays etc. for less.

They do look really nice but they need to come with more than the reported 3 pairs of single flanges. Even the new FX300 and FX66 come with both foam and silicone sleeves.

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 10
Man those look nice, I'll give them a try when Yodobashi gets them.

Oct 5, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 10
Looking on them more, they are probably the best looking In-ears I've seen. I believe that is the same blue as the A700. Kind of cool. The q-Jays are just small while AT uses that to give them the extra bit of flair. I'm sure that part of the housing serves only for looks.

Strange how AT went with armatures while the others(Sony, Victor, Kenwood, Pioneer) are staying with dynamics. It would be nice if they did both though. If you've ever held their better earphones tighter to your ears to get a better seal they sound pretty great. I was hoping for a sealed version of one of those.

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #8 of 10
the CK9 was audiotechnicas first step in to armature headphones, and most people prefered the CK7 dynamic driver headphone, it will be good to see one of the leaders of the headphone manufacturers step it up,

i would comment that they seem a bit small, but then again, have you seen the q-JAYS ?

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #10 of 10
IMO, ATH is going a bit too fast with their production line, no prominent type at this price range, or, very expensive like L3000, W5000, though they are not very prominent either.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back