New CDs from the Wedding Present, New Order
Jul 13, 2005 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stefan

100+ Head-Fier
any Wedding Present fans out there? they've recently come out with a new album after a very long break (and rather dodgy foray into twee orchestral pop under the name Cinerama).
New album called "Take Fountain", only just got it, and I've been blown away at how excellent it is. Really. I'm enjoying it as much as I enjoyed "Seamonsters" when it came out. Highly recommended.

Also recently got New Order's latest, "Waiting for the Siren's Call" - very very disappointing except the title track, which is an enjoyable throwback to some of their older, better grungy bass and mournful electric guitar-driven tracks.

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 6
I'm not a big fan of the "J-E-T" either, but listen to "Turn" on the New Order album. I think it's one of the better tunes that they've put out.

Jul 15, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 6
Give that New Order a chance. I didn't like Get Ready when I first got it, but it grew on me.

Sep 23, 2005 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 6
Sorry for bumping, but dusty and jahn are right -- the new Order one is a grower.

Think that "Waiting for the Sirens' Call" and "Turn" are two of the best songs they've put out. There are spine-tingling moments that match anything on "power, corruption and lies" and "Technique" -- my two faves. "Krafty" is not bad, but I still find myself skipping the other tracks.

Still, the new album is better than "get ready" or "republic".

Sep 23, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by stefan
Sorry for bumping, but dusty and jahn are right -- the new Order one is a grower.

Think that "Waiting for the Sirens' Call" and "Turn" are two of the best songs they've put out. There are spine-tingling moments that match anything on "power, corruption and lies" and "Technique" -- my two faves. "Krafty" is not bad, but I still find myself skipping the other tracks.

Still, the new album is better than "get ready" or "republic".

Get those international orders ready! Waiting for the Siren's Call, the actual song, is coming out as a single in the UK - but ONLY on 7" Vinyl! In fact, three different Vinyls, with some awesome B-Sides, like a Richard X remix of Bizarre Love Triangle and so forth. Check out the full details at your nearest New Order fansite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back