New CD Player
Nov 28, 2006 at 3:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Akathriel

500+ Head-Fier
Couldn't resist looks...or the price. Impressions to come. I like it quite a bit. Burning in with choice Isis Oceanic right now.

Oh its a stealth Consonance Turandot, if you couldn't tell.

Nov 28, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 5
MSRP is 2400. Dealer was kind enough to get me a black on black player instead of the guadier red on silver or red on black which are standard. Had to pay a bit more for it, but this thing is worth the coin in looks alone
eek.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 5
Agreed, the Red looks way too trendy! The Black is stunning though. I'm hoping you'll give us a review of the sound soon. I just ordered a new CDP tonight myself. Not in that league however. But I'll share impressions once it arrives.

Dec 4, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 5
Here is some notes from an email I sent to Hirsch, I am using the PPX3 he lent me in addition to my woody PS-1s:

The CDP is good, for the price it is excellent. It is very neutral but a bit too laid back for my tastes, though not as much as I recall the Wadia being. Its not ultra-fi, but it makes no especially remarkable flaws. I think it's a good mid fi player and am eager to hear your opinion on it; sorry I couldn't do it this weekend. Eventually I will have it modded, and maybe then it will stun me. I only wish there was a touch more immediacy but I do like how detail is presented so it doesn't feel microphone humping claustrophobic. It is DEAD quiet and I do believe this to be its only noticable strength, as its other attributes are all otherwise understated. For the price it is very transparent and thats what I am looking fo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back