New Cans MS2i
Mar 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't say MS2i + Jumbos is a good couple, too shrill and too honky mids. If you want such an effect with a more realistic tonal balance, organize yourself some HD414 pads or comfies, and glue a set of AKG K270 velours pads onto them.
ms2b.jpg

would you say these sound warmer with those pads because I like the sharp highs will just enough bass to hear it... Remember the only other headphone I have is the ER4P and those are king of precision.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by HEARDATBEAT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you say these sound warmer with those pads because I like the sharp highs will just enough bass to hear it... Remember the only other headphone I have is the ER4P and those are king of precision.

That combination gives indeed more warmth and cures the nutty Aaaaaargh upper midrange/treble a bit down to at least the amount the MS1 / MS Pro are equipped with.

I've been around in the scene quite a while, the MS2 is deeply impressing as new toy, but it tends to get sold after half a year or so. Its issues are its overdone aggressiveness and its rather limited genre bandwidth. I loved mine deeply though (especially for Amon Tobin kind of stuff), but sold it in favour of the MS Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back