New canals for Nano 4th gen
Dec 29, 2008 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Slackboy72

Head-Fier
Getting a Nano 4g soon for listening to tunes while running. Will also be using it to listen to at my cubicle farm work. I already have some CX300s so I want some canals that will be an improvement.
I have a choice of the following:
ER-6i
SA6
UE Super Fi 5 Pro
SE310

Unfortunately I can't actually listen to any before ordering. So what can anyone tell me about these.
I am leaning to the UE SF5 Pros however I'm more than willing to be persuaded otherwise.

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 6
You've basically chosen earphones from a very wide variety of prices (ER-6i being the cheapest, SA6 being around $120 more expensive). I'm not sure how comfortable deep inserting IEM like the SA6 will be while running.

Dec 29, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 6
I believe them to be quite comfortable. If you're running you've got to achieve a really good fit with your phones. Otherwise you are going to loose your seal after a short distance of running. Because of the Sa6s deep insertion they stay pretty secure while remaining comfortable... So I believe you could use these as phones for running.

However if I were you, I'd choose some really small IEMs llike the qJays for example. Though they won't be deep inserting they've got a good fit and are really lightweight

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah the SA6s don't look like they will suit running but hey who knows. I might just use the CX300s for running, where SQ is not important, and something better for the office so fit while running is not important.

I don't think qJays are available in Australia.

Dec 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #6 of 6
fwiw: have run with both SE530's & Westone 3's (using Shure medium Olive Tips on both).

With the Olive tips, they remain secure and unobtrusive.

The W3's protrude less from ear than the 530's, and the W3 "over-the-ear" wiring is the most comfortable / unobtrusive that I've ever experienced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back