New canal phones - Ultimate Ears 5EB?
Mar 5, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got the Super Fi.5 Pro today. Find them great for details, highs and mids great, but i'd have liked more bass. Could just be my source (creative zen 5+), plugged into my cheap home stereo they're obviously capable of plenty of low and strong bass. Burning them in now, still playing with tips, see how they go tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

That's my experience as well - they're very source dependent. Still, I'm confused by your feeling that the DT 770s had "too much" bass but the SS5 Pros have "not enough." While the DT 770s have more bass, its really not the day and night difference one might expect. Indeed, they have a relatively similar sound signature.

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #17 of 23
i just tried a sf5eb burn in today... the bass is nothing i have ever heard... it was so solid that the moment i put it on, i smile all the way...

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 23
The Zen EQ sucks - turn on custom EQ with everything set at zero and you lose detail. Not too keen on buying expensive IEMs and losing sound quality. I'm still deciding whether to keep them or not. Comfort is better than Creative EP630, bass is definitely worse, detail is better, but i'm not sure it's US$150 better.

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #21 of 23
Have you tried the reversed mod for wearing them it helps alot with the seal. Most say that even the pro's have ALOT of bass for a balanced sound i.e. too much. Could be a bad seal. I love mine though... Cant find the link for the mod atm Im sure someone will chime in.

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why dont you EQ your zen for more bass then - I put my Zen to +12 in bass for my UM2's
basshead.gif

Yeah, I definitely agree that they would lack bass without EQing. They're capable of great bass, but you will have to EQ heavily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back