New Camera!
Nov 15, 2004 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Feanor

1000+ Head-Fier
Yippee! A new consumer electronics store came to the country now, called Saturn*. I could'nt resist one of the entry deals, as I have been lusting after a good SLR camera for a while... So, enter the Canon Eos 300 (Eos Rebel 2000 for those in need of flashier(US) names).
ca2000.jpg

I got the camera in a kit with the 28-90/f4-5.4 II lens.The price: 200$. I like. The lens arent the best out there, so I'm planning to upgrade to a nice fixed lens, maybe the 50/f1.8 in a while.
No pics here, cause I'll need a photo scanner for that
smily_headphones1.gif
. Does anybody have advise on what lenses/filters to hunt for? My mom has an EOS rebel, and a 90-300 zoom for it, so I dont really need zoom lenses now. Are lenses made by other companies any good(tamron, ect.)?

*[size=xx-small]it's logo strikingly resembles that of the US car brand of the same name[/size]

Nov 15, 2004 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

You're kidding, or missing a digit, right?

~KS

Nope. It doesnt differ too much from the US online price you might get from a good sale, but these go for 400$ min. here. (actually, I just saw the body for 100$ on one site. eek!) It has everything I need in a camera, exept for metal
smily_headphones1.gif
. It even has depth of field preview, that lets you adjust the aperture for composing the picture. I'm gonna keep it in manual mode most of the time, so the other modes arent too much of an issue, but there are plenty.

Nov 15, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

You're kidding, or missing a digit, right?

~KS

I think you are missing that is is a 300, not a 300D (which would be ~1000). I made the same mistake.

Nov 15, 2004 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary80
I think you are missing that is is a 300, not a 300D (which would be ~1000). I made the same mistake.

Doh! You're right. Can't seem to read properly after just waking up.
tongue.gif

~KS

Nov 16, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Tamron 28-75 f2.8 is a great lens if your going for budget stuff...

do you shoot wide? tele?

wide the 17-40 f4L is top IMHO

the 24-70 f2.8L is great but heavy and excruciatingly expensive... the tamron is more bang/buck if your on a budget but nowhere near the build quality of the canon... its not going to fall apart but the body is plastic and its obviously not weather sealed like the L's (which really dosent matter i guess since the only weather sealed body's are the 1 series)

inexpensive tele is the 70-200 f4L

thats assuming you want to make an investment in good glass and perhaps later move to a digital body
wink.gif

a warning tho, once you go L... you never go back
wink.gif

and its an expensive addiction...
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back