new cable recommendations
Apr 2, 2024 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

snewton70

New Head-Fier
I'm looking at getting a custom cable for my JH Laylas, have sort of got it down to these 2
Plussound X8 silver plated copper or Null Audio Symphonym-Hakone MKIII UP-OCC Cryo Silver/Copper Herringbone 8-braid
both are roughly same price £500/$700
so my question is, is anyone using these cables, and what would you recommend
many thanks

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 6
All cables sound the same if not defective. They've been measured by several places and they just transmit electricity. That and burn in are the two most contentious things in this hobby. If you do get something expensive, do a volume matched blind test between them and a basic set. When you can't identify which your listening to more than half the time, it's the only way some people can be convinced. It's an expensive thing to learn.

Apr 8, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #3 of 6
I'm looking at getting a custom cable for my JH Laylas, have sort of got it down to these 2
Plussound X8 silver plated copper or Null Audio Symphonym-Hakone MKIII UP-OCC Cryo Silver/Copper Herringbone 8-braid
many thanks
Most important question is how do you wish to tweak the sound? Brighter? Warmer? Smoother, yet neutral? Basically the same, just more impactful sound?

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #5 of 6
All cables sound the same if not defective. They've been measured by several places and they just transmit electricity. That and burn in are the two most contentious things in this hobby. If you do get something expensive, do a volume matched blind test between them and a basic set. When you can't identify which your listening to more than half the time, it's the only way some people can be convinced. It's an expensive thing to learn.

I think volume matching or the lack thereof makes much more difference to perception of sound than most people think it does. Matching by ear is not good enough if trying to assess subtle changes.

Oh an overactive imaginations because folks expect to hear changes because most of an entire community tell them they will and a fundamental lack of understanding about humans poor auditory memory.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 6
many thanks
I don't think You going to need silver.
I compared silver and copper - speakers cables - and did not hear a difference. Since the copper one, was 3 times cheaper, the silver should have shown the difference immediately, but did not.
Buy yourself a cable that is flexible and good looking and it should do the job.
Like someone said, energy is energy and do not have a quality and does not care what it is flowing through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back