New: Burson Audio Play Amp/DAC (2W@16Ohm) (op-amp rollers dream) (Tour details on page 3)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by ostewart, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Mshenay Contributor
    Not entirely, the topology or the circuit, the literal network of components will have an immediate impact on how the DAC both performs and ultimately sounds. Think of it this way, the 9018 is a cut of meat, the Topology of a circuit is how you "cook" that cut of meat. So yea your getting same cut of meat with both products but the preparation is entirely different

2. Voxata
    I'll take a better picture tomorrow when I'm home, I forgot to snap one rushing out the door this afternoon. This is what I have for now.

Screenshot_20171013-194701.png

monsieurfromag3 and Mshenay like this.
  3. selvakumar
    please do pic the ESS 9018 DAC and upload clear photo so we can easily get details of the circuit
    Thanks for the quick reply

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  4. selvakumar
    is it c media chip toward the left corner no way

5. ostewart
    The ESS Sabre chip is underneath that board and you would need to remove the USB controller board to take a picture of it.

Short mic recording: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0pisjvHvJpL

Here are some pictures that will be included in my review:

DSC_9043.jpg DSC_9060.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  6. selvakumar
    Take the picture of the Sabre chip and upload and thanks for the mic test report

7. ostewart
    DSC_9067.jpg

8. selvakumar
  9. selvakumar
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  10. Voxata
    I'd say is all about implementation. The chip itself matters less. Still a good chip however each section is quite strong from my testing. I was surprised to be honest.

Mshenay, ostewart and selvakumar like this.
  11. ostewart
    selvakumar likes this.
  12. selvakumar
  13. ostewart
    monsieurfromag3 likes this.
  14. Jimster480
    I think the mic section looks pretty cool, so far I have been using my computers internal realtek for mic usage.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4upISOh1xsNfvrr92
    ^ Audio Stack (have more DAC's but this is my daily stack, Magni 3 sold now)

City/Country: Miami / USA

My sig has mostly everything I currently own, but I have a mrspeakers Aeon on its way aswell.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017