New boy with some new toys
Mar 2, 2006 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Magnum22

100+ Head-Fier
A couple days ago i got a delivery from J&R, my new sportapro's and portapros. I've been using the Ports, they have between 25 and 30 hours of burn in em. They're pretty good, but do have deficiencies. No harsh tones, like the 75's had, and more bass, but it seems to have less articulation. The intro of Satriani's Crystal Planet sounds like a mush. Hopin this will get better, but it seems i may end up back with my 75's once the weather warms up. Not sure about that, since my ipod seems to broadcast some thin sounds and ports fatten em up a little. The 75's may be lined up for a recable, unless all the cables worth gettin cost more than ms'1's. maybe hd485...

well, i'm off with my portapros & ipod to get a tin of altoids.
(what have you done to me?!)

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 3
Enjoy 'em! Do you feel that the SportaPros sound pretty much exactly the same as your Portas?

The 75s definitely have some more clarity than the PP/ksc-35 driver. I'd say, save up for them MS-1s. Definitely less harsh than an SR60, and some very enjoyable bass.

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 3
i think the sports may have a hardly noticable increase in thump over ports. those were gonna be my gym phones, but i'm lettin my roommate use em.

yeah, when i first got into this my mind was made up on the sr-60, but the 75's are supposed to be real close. I really like these koss phones, just wish they had more definition. I think the 75's are more defined and i can hear tones slide from left to right rather than just flip from one side to the other. not sure bout the ports yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back