New Bowers and Wilkins (B&W) P5 headphones
Nov 17, 2009 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

shuttleboi

100+ Head-Fier
coming January 2010.

Bowers & Wilkins first ever P5 headphones follow the iPod money trail

p5-white-background-600.jpg

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #4 of 57
Those look slightly rediculous, but I bet they are bass monsters! (with the right power amp and floorstanding speakers :wink:)

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #5 of 57
I do know B&W (as in that B&W of Matrix 801 and Nautilus and ...fame)...

these folks are/have been at or near the pinnacle of loudspeakers design for what seems to be centuries....

Most everything they do, they do (as a minimum) very well. Interesting to see what kind of price point they hit. I can also tell you that the "B&W family sound" is more on the cold and dark sounding side of things. Some folks love 'em and some don't...but none suggest they are poorly made or engineered. They do look a little like the pix of Ultrasone's higher end models I have seen over the 'net.

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #6 of 57
These look so incredibly uncomfortable. I think Grado has been one upped this time, and that's saying something.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #8 of 57
With the zeppelin then the MM-1 and now these headphones "made for ipod"

Quote:

If you want to get the most out of iPhone or iPod, headphones don’t come any better than P5. Brought to you by the makers of the award-winning Zeppelin iPod speaker, they’re the ultimate mp3 headphones, giving you the same incredible, lifelike sound quality when you’re out and about. The P5 iPod and iPhone headphones come with an Apple®-approved cable, for easy speech and device control.

B&W definitely want his part in the mass appeal.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #11 of 57
looks nice & expenisve. Definatly over $350.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #13 of 57
B&W speakers are so beautiful, and they make this?

Nov 17, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #14 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look classy. Very uncomfortable but classy.

Agreed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I DO like the idea of magnetically attached ear pads.

easy modding for those who are scared of modding .... me!

Price ... any prices yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the MM-1 and now these headphones "made for ipod"

I rang my local "B&W dealer" and of course they know nothing about them. that's product knowledge for ya! you would have thought the a manufacturers would give their dealers a heads up, especially in the light B&W going into a new line of audio equipment.

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 57
I think i'm one of few who likes the design, but price... Well, i think this would cost too much, but won't sound that good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back