New(?) Bose Soundtrue Headphones
Apr 6, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 28
It actually looks quite good. But the price is a little steep. There are many competitors at the price range now that sound great. This new hp has to do a lot better than the AE2i to justify the price tag.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 28
Well,it looks like bose has plunged into colors with their OE2 & AE2 models by adding colors to the cups,bands,leather pouch and cables.just like they introduced custom colors to their QC 15s.....thats all.And the price is $30 up for AE&OE &$100 for QC15.:mad:

same goes to sie versions re-modelled as freestyle earbuds.All colorful.:D

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #7 of 28
Well,it looks like bose has plunged into colors with their OE2 & AE2 models by adding colors to the cups,bands,leather pouch and cables.just like they introduced custom colors to their QC 15s.....thats all.And the price is $30 up for AE&OE &$100 for QC15.
mad.gif

same goes to sie versions re-modelled as freestyle earbuds.All colorful.
biggrin.gif

For 179 I think they are a decent deal. Most portable headphones are roughly in that price range and more. They are comfortable as hell. Best Buy already has them up on display and for demoing.

May 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 28
Something to note is that there are actually two versions of this headphone, the Around-Ear and Over-ear model.

I bought a pair of the around-ears, but will unfortunately have to return them.

My first impressions of this headphone were fairly negative because my glasses prevented me from achieving a proper seal. I think this is because the earcups are quite tall and my glasses frame is quite thick. This meant that bass was dramatically less than what I expected. 

Once I tried this headphone with my glasses off I found the sound to be generally agreeable, but nothing special for the price. The SoundTrue has an overall warm, mid-focused tone. Bass has a moderate impact but at times seems to sound a little flabby. Vocals have a warm tone and a lower treble peak gives the sound some grain and texture. However high frequency extension seems to be lacking to a degree, which means the headphone sounds less detailed and spacious than it could given the strongly angled drivers. I would say overall levels of definition seem a little subpar for the price.

The headphone is extremely comfortable but try as I might I so far cannot adjust the headphone into a position where it seals properly with my glasses on. 

I put up an unboxing video if anyone is curious :3

May 2, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 28
Hope they are good. Love Bose's noise cancellation (I know, loving anything Bose isn't a popular thing here) and with a nice sound, it can definitely (and easily) become the best portable pair of headphones.

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #12 of 28
I now own a pair. Now they outclass every beats headphone including the new studios. I've owned them for about a week and out of the box their sound is nothing special but after a few days burn in they really start to shine. Detailed treble, present vocals and a tight bass response. I'd say they're a worth while investment for an on the go headphone which is what they're meant for.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #13 of 28
I now own a pair. Now they outclass every beats headphone including the new studios. I've owned them for about a week and out of the box their sound is nothing special but after a few days burn in they really start to shine. Detailed treble, present vocals and a tight bass response. I'd say they're a worth while investment for an on the go headphone which is what they're meant for.

This is absolutely true. The first day or two listening to them I felt like they were crazy accurate in replicating exactly what you were supposed to hear in each and every song, but almost too much so, in that there was some natural element missing. After a few days of constant usage I've found that the low end is much more salient, giving it the soul that it was originally lacking, without sacrificing mids and highs. For rock music, which is what I listen to primarily, Ive never heard a better pair of headphones in my life. I've been hearing aspects of some songs for the very first time despite having listened to said songs hundreds of times with other sets of cans. The bass is clear and punchy, the guitars are unbelievably crisp and natural, the drums are almost perfect, with only the kick lacking enough punch in a select few songs. Vocals sound like you're there with the singer.

With that said the areas it is lacking in is sub bass response and volume. Luckily I have a powerful preamp for both my phone and computer so volume isn't a huge issue for me. But if you listen to primarily thug rap and/or dubstep/hardstyle, these headphones do leave a little bit to be desired.

In conclusion, these are without a doubt the most comfortable (and light) pair of headphones I've ever used, with decent noise canceling and phenomenal crisp, clear, natural sound. Would recommend.

Nov 21, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #15 of 28
Hello everyone, I am hesitating between the Bose SoundTrue On Ear and the V-Moda XS. Looking for something light, durable, and very easy to carry.
I keep looking at the reviews but still balancing between both.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back