NEW! Bose QC25 2014
May 10, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #286 of 368
It actually has three modes:
NC standard mode
NC Aware mode
NC off mode

May 16, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #287 of 368
edit:  Forgot to quote the OP.  This post is in follow up to one speaker cutting out on first use, cable not being seated all the way.

I had this problem on my first use as well and noticed that I had to push the cable in a little further so that is was fully seated.

May 16, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #288 of 368
I just recently re-purchased the QC15, and to be completely honest they have better sound quality, at least to my ears. The QC25 and QC15 have overall the same sound staging, but I just felt that the 15 had a more detailed treble and mid range, but had less bass which to me is a good thing. I could hear the air coming off of guitars and other instruments better, the inhaling of singers, and female vocals just sounded richer and brought forward on the QC15's. The QC25 sounds like they traded treble for more bass, and sacrificed some of the midrange separation to top it off.

May 16, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #289 of 368
Well, I have owned them both and the QC 25 win hands down in sound quality in my opinion.
Add to that the same superior noise canceling without the hiss plus the ability to use the QC25 without power makes it the biggest no brainier choice, unless you are getting a significant discount.

May 17, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #290 of 368
Well, I have owned them both and the QC 25 win hands down in sound quality in my opinion.
Add to that the same superior noise canceling without the hiss plus the ability to use the QC25 without power makes it the biggest no brainier choice, unless you are getting a significant discount.

We must really have different sense of hearing.

Some people claim that they sound better, that they're the same, or that they sound worse. I'm for the latter but not significantly so. I just believe the treble is crisper on the 15's.

I'm curious, can you tell me why you think that they sound better than the QC15's?

May 17, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #291 of 368
I had both and sold my QC15. I am mostly going from memory now, but I found the QC15 treble more harsh, the bass was more boomy and not as deep. The QC25 while cut from the same cloth as the QC15 just sounded more refined, so I sold the QC15. I wouldn't say night and day difference, but it seemed pretty obvious. I tried it on every kind of music, acoustic through rock and IDM. Plus as Zimmy68 says the much lower hiss, better NC and ability to use without batteries are all appreciated.

Maybe there is something wrong with the QC25s you have?

May 19, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #292 of 368
  I just recently re-purchased the QC15, and to be completely honest they have better sound quality, at least to my ears. The QC25 and QC15 have overall the same sound staging, but I just felt that the 15 had a more detailed treble and mid range, but had less bass which to me is a good thing. I could hear the air coming off of guitars and other instruments better, the inhaling of singers, and female vocals just sounded richer and brought forward on the QC15's. The QC25 sounds like they traded treble for more bass, and sacrificed some of the midrange separation to top it off.

I have been to Best Buy 3 times now to listen to the QC25 and my impressions are the same as yours. The mids and treble are muted but the bass is better. I was hoping this was because I am listening to a demo model and the sound would be better if I use a new pair out of the box. I may still purchase a pair but if they sound the same as the demo, i will return them and keep the QC15. 

May 24, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #294 of 368
Does the cable get better with time? I got it to unkink by wrapping it around a cup and pouring boiling water in but it seems to pick up new kinks very easily.

This cable gets permanent kinks from resting on a flat surface for two minutes, it's bloody ridiculous.

It also seems completely immune to running it through your fingers to straighten it. I did it for 30 minutes and it looked the exact same afterwards lmao. Seems heat is the only thing this cable responds to.

May 25, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #295 of 368
If you go on like this, you might want to buy a backup cable, before you ruin this one.
:blush:

May 25, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #296 of 368
I've tried other brands (than Bose) of in-ear NC headsets and found the white noise too distracting. When actually listening to music, I found my non-NC in-ear Etymotics to be fabulous for sound isolation and quality; but when not listening to music, outside noise is a bit audible. My main problem with in-ear devices is that they get uncomfortable (to me) after a while. I can use the QC25's all day and they're very comfortable. When not listening to music, the silence is uncanny. If someone is having a conference call close to me, a few clicks slip in (like the "ct" sound in "acting"); then I might put a little music on, and I haven't had a problem with sound quality; otoh, a lot of what I listen to is very old recordings and at work, I'm streaming mp3's from Amazon anyway. But even just from the perspective of white noise (none that I can hear), noise cancellation and comfort over long periods of time, I'm very happy with the QC25 and don't think I would trade them for an in-ear solution; white noise might or might not be problematic, but my guess is that I'd never be able to wear in-ears for more than a couple of hours. 

May 25, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #297 of 368
THe 
  I had both and sold my QC15. I am mostly going from memory now, but I found the QC15 treble more harsh, the bass was more boomy and not as deep. The QC25 while cut from the same cloth as the QC15 just sounded more refined, so I sold the QC15. I wouldn't say night and day difference, but it seemed pretty obvious. I tried it on every kind of music, acoustic through rock and IDM. Plus as Zimmy68 says the much lower hiss, better NC and ability to use without batteries are all appreciated.

Maybe there is something wrong with the QC25s you have?

I'm positive the headset if just fine.

Where as to me they sound less detailed, they certainly upgraded the build quality. I can only wonder how long the alcontara (Think I spelled that right?) Where as the QC 15's padding is known to flake off if you have fairly greasy hair. 

May 26, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #298 of 368
I tried my QC25 with ibasso 2 boa and man.quite a big improvement ...bass no longer feels thin and vocals come out more.

QC25 def need good amplification ...but at the same time..they sound better on flights somehow on those crappy inflight output jacks.

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #299 of 368

The same with me. I switched back to QC15 from QC25. I find QC15 overall sound quality better than QC25. Also the hiss(white noise) on QC25 is noticeably louder than on QC15.
By the way, I tried two QC25 sets. When I got the first set of QC25, I though that it must be defective - sound quality and hiss should not be worse than QC15.
But the second pair of QC25 was the same as the first one, so I switched back to QC15. I also like that ear cups on QC15 are a bit softer than QC25.

Jun 13, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #300 of 368

The same with me. I switched back to QC15 from QC25. I find QC15 overall sound quality better than QC25. Also the hiss(white noise) on QC25 is noticeably louder than on QC15.
By the way, I tried two QC25 sets. When I got the first set of QC25, I though that it must be defective - sound quality and hiss should not be worse than QC15.
But the second pair of QC25 was the same as the first one, so I switched back to QC15. I also like that ear cups on QC15 are a bit softer than QC25.

There are valid points to this, however, at the end of the day I would choose the QC25's over the 15's any day. Everything that has been mentioned is true about the QC25's having a little more bass with less mid's and high's. Actually, it'd be more proper to say that they are tuned differently. The difference isn't big enough to win me over to downgrade to the Q15's. I say downgrade, because the noise cancelling for me does not give off the "white noise" hiss and it noticeably works better (NC) than the Q15's IMO. I travel from L.A. to New York frequently and have many many miles on my Q15's...I've purchased the Q25's right after listening to them at the Bose store upon release. It was a no brainer.

The QC25 cans are much better built and it feels like something of quality on your head. At least for me the QC25's are much more comfortable. Being able to listen to music without the batteries is a plus, but come on....who doesn't carry around extra batteries? If you don't..shame on you LOL....buy some rechargeable batteries and get on with it....

Let me add that if these cans did not have noise cancelling, the sound would be of the quality of much much lower cans....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back