NEW! Bose QC25 2014
Mar 21, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #271 of 368
I was in a Saturn Media Store in Germany today. They have now the QC25 at the stations, where you can listen to the records, that you want to purchase. In exactly that Saturn shop, I listened to the QC25 for the very first time and was overwhelmed by the noise reduction capability of the Bose. Bought them right after this audition.

Mar 21, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #272 of 368
I don't have the QC25 (yet) but the QC3 does not cancel noise as well as the QC15 so I don't think it can compete well with the QC25 either. Comfort is a toss up between the QC3 and QC15. I also have the QC20i so I carry those in a pouch in my shoulder bag and I more often take my QC3 on a trip too as it is smaller and is fine for the front of the plane. 

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #273 of 368
I'm trying to decide between the QC 25 and the QC 3. My only parameters are noise canceling and comfort. Suggestions?

No brainer...QC25s...for sound quality and the NC is much improved! Comfort is about the same.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #275 of 368
If you only want them for noise canceling, the QC25 are waaaaaay better than the QC3. 

Mar 27, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #276 of 368
Hey guys,
bought the QC25 yesterday. 
I like the NC, comfort and sound.

Though I noticed some discomfort when using them.
I feel somehow dizzy when NC is activated.

Somebody got the same problem, any chance this will go away?

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #277 of 368
Hey guys,
bought the QC25 yesterday. 
I like the NC, comfort and sound.

Though I noticed some discomfort when using them.
I feel somehow dizzy when NC is activated.

Somebody got the same problem, any chance this will go away?

That can happen, because you block so much environmental noise, you can feel a little off at first. I got used to it quickly.

Apr 1, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #278 of 368
Is there any chance that Bose comes out with a bluetooth version soon? I demoed the QC25 and really, really loved them -- I'm no audiophile, but enjoyed the heck out of them, but it'd be great not to have to deal with a cord...

Apr 7, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #279 of 368
Is there any chance that Bose comes out with a bluetooth version soon? I demoed the QC25 and really, really loved them -- I'm no audiophile, but enjoyed the heck out of them, but it'd be great not to have to deal with a cord...

Bluetooth will drain the battery very fast. Maybe that is the rational behind that there is not such version.

Apr 7, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #280 of 368

They have the best NC of any headphones, and the sound is clearly improved from the QC15, and while not as good as some of the best $300 portables, it isn't way off the mark either. If you liked them, buy 'em and the cord is certainly livable. 

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #281 of 368
​I’m super excited to own a pair of these headphones though a lot of you have of me my opinions on the earlier model the QC15 which the QC25 replaces.
wink_face.gif

Apr 10, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #282 of 368

I use mine in the office, especially when my college goes berserk at his keyboard. it gives me peace then. Lovely!!

May 9, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #283 of 368
I have bought both the 20i in Ears from Bose and the QC 25. The 20i in ears Noise Cancelation eats the QC25 NC for breakfast. Seriously, they are in another ball park. The 20i NC works like on pro-levels and let the NC in the QC25 seem like a Kindergarten toy across the whole frequency spectrum, the 20i cancelled noise better, a lot better, let it be water, clicking, birds, wind, voices, knocks, doors slamming. Whatever I threw at both of them, the QC25 did let through about 50% of the sound and the 20i about 25% of exterior sound, yes it is that good. So - if you are serious about NC better give the 20i in ears a try.

That being said, the sound on the QC25 is substantially nicer, the bass extends more, the soundstage is bigger and there is a lot more detail. I would even say I enjoy its relaxed, muffled down sound signature. But when in doubt I would never hesitate to opt for my Beyerdynamics which sound-wise is just no comparison to Bose products, which is unfair I know, Bose being cool overpriced and well-made gadgets and Beyer T51p being a serious headphone for adults. Fyi All A/B tests were done against an Audio Engine D1 DAC.

Then there is the ground level white noise, which is much louder with the 20i, almost making me hate them. Also the "pressure" we know from NC is much more on the QC25, but its bearable. Before I make a decision which one to keep I will take them to work. Because of much less leakage and superiour NC I will probably opt for the 20i or as an complete alternative for some cIEMs made out of silicon.

May 9, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #284 of 368
I think the main difference regarding NC is Tha you have different modes on the 20i but only on/off on the 25. The 25 is probably aways on a talk through sattong. I.E. The QC 20 blocks more noise in the voice region than the QC 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back