New Bose OE2 - Any impressions?
Oct 22, 2011 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

EYEdROP

500+ Head-Fier
Bose quietly released an update to the original OE about a week ago, promising more comfort and better sound quality. 

They also offer them in white and an optional mic now. 

The original OE got a bad name around here because of SQ so lets hope they worked hard to please us audiophiles this time. Anyone heard them?

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #2 of 6
I would like to know as well!  According to the cnet review, Bose has seemingly done away with its signature "Bose bloat," bringing a more balanced and natural sound, while maintaining build quality and excellent comfort factor.

One thing is for sure...the white model is a looker

Edit: link to the review here

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 6
Sound like a concert hall. Could have better highs. Lows felt good. I like the soundstage. The sound is closer to you but yet like you at the front row of a concert hall. I am listening to classical music with them on right now.

I have the senn hd595, ath-m50. The HD595, have clearer, better mids and highs but shallow bass. The ATH-M50 strike a nice balance of everything, although there isn't much soundstage.

The OE2 are the most comfortable of anything I've ever tried in this class, and not compared to in-ear stuff.

I'd the say the price is a little high , i'd lower it about 20-30 bucks on sound quality alone but compared to anything else in comfort I'd say the money is there.

Oh, the cord is short and fragile, but detacheable so maybe I might look for a replacement that's more durable or get a few of these cause I know what the future holds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back