New bookshelf computer setup suggestions
Oct 6, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #16 of 20
The M-38s there look very very nice. Ill see if i can find a price for them locally.
Then ill measure them. The 601 S3s ive borrowed here are on the large side for where they are going.
Ive re-organised where my computer/setup is going:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1269650_741453109204834_1795237504_o.jpg
The B&Ws are the height of the 24" screens on the side which is ok, but other dimensions i dont have much to spare.

As for PurpleAngel's idea - i have looked at doing that also, and thats a preference at night over speakers and ill get better quality for the price...
Since using the D1080s with the yamaha HTiB sub ive been enjoying them alot more that i once was and thus it may be a better way to go.
The existing SRH-440s i like alot, but i get a headache from the pressure of them after 90min or so - and im at my desk for much longer times than that - and thats why i was looking at speakers over headphones.....

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #18 of 20
Top left one is unplugged now, was doing some uni work last night and came to the conclusion that i cannot productively use 4 screens - at least with it up where it is.
If i could mount it above the 27".....hmm :p

Edit: If i was to find those M-Audio speakers, is the D2X Xonar a good enough source? Ive found a distributer here in Australia, and one store who lists them for $900 + Shipping. Might be close enough to pick up, but still, $900 :/

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #19 of 20
Proving difficult to find the M-Audio speakers, only 2 local places list them, neither have them in stock though as they are too new. Also no reviews online as yet for them.

So now have a few options:
1) Buy another sub (so im not stealing the HTiB one all the time).
2) Speakers and keep taking the sub (if still needed).
3) Keep borrowing the sub and put money into headphones and/or DAC/Amp for them.

Whats going to get me the best results?

Music: Anything really - fairly broad selection. Enjoy Detail, and like to 'feel' the bass, but not so much as to be 'doof doof'
Gaming: Occasional to rare
Movies: Only when not using the HTiB, new 27" screen though so could be watching more. Would most often be 2 people though.

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #20 of 20
Proving difficult to find the M-Audio speakers, only 2 local places list them, neither have them in stock though as they are too new. Also no reviews online as yet for them.

Yeah. I'm not big on buying audio equipment that doesn't have reviews. I don't blame you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back