New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Sep 25, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #843 of 898
Don't bend the headband.
Pull out each cup completely and bend the metal slider, holding only by the metal part. A 2 minute job :)

Sep 27, 2023 at 3:25 AM Post #845 of 898
Hi, metal slider - you mean the upside-down Y shaped metal part between earcups and headband?
If I bend it, I think there will be troubles for this part to go inside the headband..?
That was my thought as well…
Maybe you should contact Beyerdynamic directly with your problem — they should know best which part can be bent. Or not :wink:

Sep 27, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #846 of 898
Contacting the manufacturer is always the safest route.

On the other hand, a slight adjustment (bending) of a metal part of the headphones is easy and IMHO safe.
I do it on all my headphones (if needed) and never encountered any problems.

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #847 of 898
Contemplating returning my m50xBT2 I just got recently because I don’t need Bluetooth in my listening situations. Figured I’d get them just in case but realizing if I’m using Bluetooth I’d rather use my custom in ears w my Bluetooth cable.

That said I’ve been eyeing the 700 for months. I listen to primarily hip hop, southern rock and some alternative stuff. I also do a fair bit of gaming so a wired connection to my Xbox and PC is fine.

I’m mostly interested in V shaped headphones as that is what I have gravitated towards because of my hip hop listening. The M50s in wired mode with the new Fiio KA13 have just about the perfect amount of bass impact and sound pretty good to my ears from a mid and treble standpoint as well. I started reading this thread at page 35 so not sure if they’ve been directly compared a few years ago. lol.

Any opinions comparing?

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #848 of 898
Guys.. has anyone compared the DT700 Pro X with the MSR7B from Audio Technica? I've been pretty tempted by the DT700 but I already have the MSR7B and don't know if the DT700 would be too redundant.

Long shot chance... did you by chance ever get to test the and compare the DT700 Pro X against the msr7bs?

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #850 of 898
I'm a big fella with a big head and big ears, they do touch the pad layer on the inside somewhat. I don't find it distracting or uncomfortable, personally, and I had ample time to use these in the hotter summer months this year, never plugged my AC in this year but kept the fans handy :)

My Audio Technica A990Z become unusable during those months, just too much heat retention, makes my head sweaty where it contacts. But I found the DT-700 Pro X's cushy velour and foam to breath WAY better than the pleather and foam on the A990Z. In fact I felt they were not especially different feeling to wear versus the DT-900 Pro X. That isn't to say that the DT-880/990 Premium Edition cans aren't even more pleasant in the summer months because of their looser fit and also-very-good breathability, they were the most comfortable during the summer for me, but I used the DT-700/900 Pro X plenty too and didn't feel uncomfortable or sweaty.

Oct 16, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #851 of 898
I'm a big fella with a big head and big ears, they do touch the pad layer on the inside somewhat. I don't find it distracting or uncomfortable, personally, and I had ample time to use these in the hotter summer months this year, never plugged my AC in this year but kept the fans handy :)

My Audio Technica A990Z become unusable during those months, just too much heat retention, makes my head sweaty where it contacts. But I found the DT-700 Pro X's cushy velour and foam to breath WAY better than the pleather and foam on the A990Z. In fact I felt they were not especially different feeling to wear versus the DT-900 Pro X. That isn't to say that the DT-880/990 Premium Edition cans aren't even more pleasant in the summer months because of their looser fit and also-very-good breathability, they were the most comfortable during the summer for me, but I used the DT-700/900 Pro X plenty too and didn't feel uncomfortable or sweaty.

thanks, had a feeling the ears may touch something sadly.

Its weird I have gone from testing a few hps last few months and most of them do touch the driver or inner cup or padding or whatever it is inside but as soon as I tried the B&W PX7s and PX8s, my ears went to heaven as in not touching a single thing on the inside and I have id say medium size ears.

Comfort vs Sound I guess.

Yeah I hear you with the A990z, my first top decent hps were the AT- A900s not their X ones and had the same issue but its good to hear the cushy velour foam is breathable, but I do wonder where does that sweat go due to its velour type material having never tried it since all my hps have been pleather or protein type leather.

Oct 18, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #852 of 898
Contemplating returning my m50xBT2 I just got recently because I don’t need Bluetooth in my listening situations. Figured I’d get them just in case but realizing if I’m using Bluetooth I’d rather use my custom in ears w my Bluetooth cable.

That said I’ve been eyeing the 700 for months. I listen to primarily hip hop, southern rock and some alternative stuff. I also do a fair bit of gaming so a wired connection to my Xbox and PC is fine.

I’m mostly interested in V shaped headphones as that is what I have gravitated towards because of my hip hop listening. The M50s in wired mode with the new Fiio KA13 have just about the perfect amount of bass impact and sound pretty good to my ears from a mid and treble standpoint as well. I started reading this thread at page 35 so not sure if they’ve been directly compared a few years ago. lol.

Any opinions comparing?
totally did. Made me sell my MSR7B. The DT 700 pro X sound a lot more natural and organic. Sadly my experience with Beyer wasn't ultimately very good since two DT700 came with flaws (rattle and crackle on the subass notes) and I ended up settling with the AKG K553 Pro which sound also much more natural than the MSR7B and equally natural (although not the same exact tuning) than the D700.

I still may get the DT700 in the near future, but not right now.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #853 of 898
totally did. Made me sell my MSR7B. The DT 700 pro X sound a lot more natural and organic. Sadly my experience with Beyer wasn't ultimately very good since two DT700 came with flaws (rattle and crackle on the subass notes) and I ended up settling with the AKG K553 Pro which sound also much more natural than the MSR7B and equally natural (although not the same exact tuning) than the D700.

I still may get the DT700 in the near future, but not right now.

was almost tempted to try a pair of 2nd hand msr7bs before reading this, the msr7bs I had were fun and bright with decent detailed mids but it sounds like the DT700 is bit more non exciting?

Sounds like you got unlucky with the DT700s, did you try giving them a good week or 2 to settle in and try different cabling by chance?

Oct 18, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #854 of 898
was almost tempted to try a pair of 2nd hand msr7bs before reading this, the msr7bs I had were fun and bright with decent detailed mids but it sounds like the DT700 is bit more non exciting?

Sounds like you got unlucky with the DT700s, did you try giving them a good week or 2 to settle in and try different cabling by chance?
Yeah. No I did not tried that since I know the 700 have a very good record con QC, so I know it was probably a bad batch or something. Since then Amazon USA has not sell the D700 directly, just by third parties. But I got unpatient and tried the K553 and loved it.

The MSR7B are great, but they had something... sort of a synthetic quality in their sound, which is not bad at all but just could be more organic. About the 700 loved the naturalness and their dynamics. The K553 are also really natural and organic, and a bit less bright than the DT700, with subass not hitting as deep but its there and enough for my liking and type of music, imho.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #855 of 898
Yeah. No I did not tried that since I know the 700 have a very good record con QC, so I know it was probably a bad batch or something. Since then Amazon USA has not sell the D700 directly, just by third parties. But I got unpatient and tried the K553 and loved it.

The MSR7B are great, but they had something... sort of a synthetic quality in their sound, which is not bad at all but just could be more organic. About the 700 loved the naturalness and their dynamics. The K553 are also really natural and organic, and a bit less bright than the DT700, with subass not hitting as deep but its there and enough for my liking and type of music, imho.

Yup I believe I know what you talking the msr7bs were my daily drivers for many years there is that robotic feeling to it, going through the topping dx30 pro helped smooth things out a bit though.

I did not ever get a chance to try the akg K553 but heard good things about them, had the K550 series entire range though which use to be my daily drivers for many years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back