New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Aug 17, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #661 of 898
Hey guys. I am a bit confused here since I have been seeing mixed reviews.
Like, do these guys have cotton in their ears or what's up? They both say that the new DT 700 X Pro's are veiled and not detailed at all:

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #662 of 898
Huh, fascinating. I will say that I do actually like the extra _depth_, it's just that the DT770 had a wider opening that meant that the pad wasn't ever pushing on my ears.

With the DT700s, my ear all fits inside the cup and so it's not resting on my ears, but inside the cup my ear is being folded down a bit. If the opening was just a couple millimeters wider, it would be perfection.

But as you say, personal comfort is, well, personal. Hopefully one day I'll find a pair of cans with the comfort of the DT770s, the audio quality of the DT 700s (or better), a punchy V-shaped sound, and a swappable cable. I guess the quest for the perfect headphones is eternal. :)
Same happened to me comparing my 1990 Pros (my ears fit perfectly) and the T 1.3s I tried (pinched my ear lobes and had to return them).

Aug 18, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #664 of 898
I don't really know how good/bad the hearing of these reviewers is, but I quite often suppose that reviewers might sometimes not be aware of the quality of their own hearing.
So, it could be possible that a reviewer has a mild to moderate hearing loss at a particular frequency range what could lead to reviews difficult to follow.
This is just a guess from my side, and I don't know whether the reviewers mentioned here have a hearing loss or not.

Further, nobody has the same hearing and how we perceive sound and music is quite different even if we are listening to the same piece of music with the same gear.
I, for example, perceive the Austrian Audio Hi-X65 as a detailed and smooth sounding headphone while others perceive it as harsh at high(er) frequencies. When I compare the Austrian Audio Hi-X65 with the Beyerdynamic DT 900 PRO X I have the impression that the first one is more detailed and clearer, while the latter one lacks some details and is softer and warmer sounding. Again, this is my very own impression.
A headphone reviewer with hearing loss? Should dedicate to do other videos... :rolling_eyes:

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #665 of 898
Hey guys. I am a bit confused here since I have been seeing mixed reviews.
Like, do these guys have cotton in their ears or what's up? They both say that the new DT 700 X Pro's are veiled and not detailed at all:

I think its best to ignore everything that is not even worth to be put into written words... self-proclaimed "reviewers" are a waste of time in my opinion.

Aug 18, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #667 of 898
Em..okay. But if you are under the impression that it takes less time to record and edit a video then to write an article, then you have never made a review yourself.
It’s not a question of the effort involved, but the form.
Yet the easiest solution is to try them out yourself: no one can tell you how they will sound to you. Independent of form :wink:

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #668 of 898
A headphone reviewer with hearing loss? Should dedicate to do other videos... :rolling_eyes:
Hearing loss is probably more common than you think, especially in adults. As long as reviewers are forthright about how they experience audio, their thoughts can be equally interesting and worthwhile.

Disclaimer: I have hearing loss in one ear.

Aug 19, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #669 of 898
Who cares what others have to say?
If you like the product, enjoy. If not, move on. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Make a judgement based on your own, not someone else's. Plus, give me one reviewer that doesn't show bias. I've purchased many products that are universally considered "bad," and they turned out to be absolute gems. If you rely on reviewers, you're likely gonna miss out on some great opportunities.

Anyways, build quality of these new DTs is exceptional IMO. Slapping on bunch of metal and wood don't turn HPs into premium cans. There are too many high-end cans that weigh a ton and look nothing more than a DIY project with heinous ergonomics.
20220818_235205.jpg

Aug 19, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #670 of 898
Anyways, build quality of these new DTs is exceptional IMO. Slapping on bunch of metal and wood don't turn HPs into premium cans. There are too many high-end cans that weigh a ton and look nothing more than a DIY project with heinous ergonomics.
Totally agree—these DTs are built like tanks. I love how timeless they look (especially the clean lines of the 700).

Aug 19, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #671 of 898
Especially when sorting by price... I really disapprove of the ever increasing prices, which, to my experience, are seldom matched with equally advancing quality (be it audio or build).

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #672 of 898
Hearing loss is probably more common than you think, especially in adults. As long as reviewers are forthright about how they experience audio, their thoughts can be equally interesting and worthwhile.

Disclaimer: I have hearing loss in one ear.
Yes, I was only jocking... Some people worry, for example, about Crinacle's Sony Z1Rs, Denon 9200s or Beyer T 1.3s rankings, but like @KPzypher said above: who cares if you like the sound?

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #673 of 898
Especially when sorting by price... I really disapprove of the ever increasing prices, which, to my experience, are seldom matched with equally advancing quality (be it audio or build).
We know you were "into the Abyss" :relieved: :beerchug:

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #674 of 898
Who cares what others have to say?
If you like the product, enjoy. If not, move on. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Make a judgement based on your own, not someone else's. Plus, give me one reviewer that doesn't show bias. I've purchased many products that are universally considered "bad," and they turned out to be absolute gems. If you rely on reviewers, you're likely gonna miss out on some great opportunities.

20220818_235205.jpg
What you've said here reminds me of my friend @eric65 which uses his Sennheiser HD 560 and 400 Pro and have his Kennerton Thekk inside a vitrine because he prefers the sound of the Sennies...

Aug 20, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #675 of 898
I just got the 700 pro x and the stock cables are way too long for me so I’m looking at replacements. Do they work on balanced 4.4 or should I just stick with 3.5? My devices support both jacks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back