New Beyerdynamic Pro X line: DT 700 Pro X and DT 900 Pro X
Feb 13, 2022 at 6:08 AM Post #557 of 898
A Sunday morning personal dedication to all those reviewers that YouTubed nonsense like "oh, I'd call the DT 700X rather bass light":
and the supposed rolled off highs with lack of sibilance. ermm no. if anything there is more sibilance and its starting to grate on my ears. the rest sounds damned fine. its still way too early too give a good impression.

my DT900 have been loosening up with constant music playing since i got them and they need a loooot more, i think 2 weeks more before their true sound starts to come through.

Feb 13, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #558 of 898
and the supposed rolled off highs with lack of sibilance. ermm no. if anything there is more sibilance and its starting to grate on my ears. the rest sounds damned fine. its still way too early too give a good impression.

my DT900 have been loosening up with constant music playing since i got them and they need a loooot more, i think 2 weeks more before their true sound starts to come through.
Can't honestly say l hear sibilance anywhere on the 700s. They are borderline shouty with music like jazz big bands, but never too fatiguing.
When l made my comparisons with the AKG K275 (did l stress enough they are huge bang for the bucks as b-stocks?), the latter resulted being more relaxing on long listening sessions, but at the cost of a bit less clarity and precision with trumpet, sax and piano.
Same goes for the Tygr 300, which remain my favourite for a long afternoon of music listening, being a bit less sharp and defined than the 700s. Their bass is fuller too, while the bass of the 700s is punchier.
At 112 euro as b-stocks from Beyer, the Tygr 300 remain a best buy if one's looking for a all-round comfortable headphones. The 700s l'd call the right pair for when you need a closed back, or a professional instrument to judge the recording, mixing and mastering of a song.
Whether the 700 are worth double the money, honestly has got more to do with one's curiosity to try them out and their spending nonchalance than with the 700s' own sound qualities: they ARE better. But are they twice better? Mmmmmm.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
My final suggestion being - if you get the DT700X, don't linger thinking they cost twice the price of the Tygr or you might end returning them.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #559 of 898
I just bought the DT700 PRO X today and, right out of the box, they sound terrific. Great sense of space, more bass texture than I'd expect in this price point and no harshness at all. I'm quite sensitive to treble and these don't feel overwhelming at all.
All this is right out of the box, with only around 30 minutes of listening.

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #560 of 898
I just bought the DT700 PRO X today and, right out of the box, they sound terrific. Great sense of space, more bass texture than I'd expect in this price point and no harshness at all. I'm quite sensitive to treble and these don't feel overwhelming at all.
All this is right out of the box, with only around 30 minutes of listening.
I'm glad you are liking and enjoying them. I would go for them if I wouldn´t have big ears (orejones :relieved:). The Beyer T 1.3s didn't fit me and I think with those cans I will have the same experience (I asked here regarding to that issue).

Have a very good time and also glad to see you here :beerchug:

Feb 14, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #561 of 898
I'm glad you are liking and enjoying them. I would go for them if I wouldn´t have big ears (orejones :relieved:). The Beyer T 1.3s didn't fit me and I think with those cans I will have the same experience (I asked here regarding to that issue).

Have a very good time and also glad to see you here :beerchug:
¡Hola, @Terriero!
Glad to see you here too!
The earcups are just my size, but I could do with a little bit more room, for sure. You're probably right: if the T1 didn't fit you, these won't either.
I needed something closed back to edit some audio and listening to music while working in the noisiest hours of the day, when I can hear every neighbour's sneeze or butt scratch. The HD800S are great, but they don't offer much isolation, you know.

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #563 of 898
Anybody else just wish they kept the same sound signature as the dt 770 and 990 pro 250ohm but made it a removeable cable. Wasnt that what we were all looking for anyways.
Very good question.
I've had two DT770s the 32 and the 80ohm. I have no headphones amps, but I do have a stereo NAD amplifier to plug them in, if needed, although I prefer to use them with DAP or my iMAC.
While I somehow regret having sold the 32s, to me the 80ohm sounded definitely "thin". Yes, the imaging, soundstage, details, etc, but the soud just seemed to be distributed along a rather narrow band. They seemed to lack the depth, the roundness that I can find in the 700s, to the detriment of some detail, soundstage, sharpness in the highs, etc.
The 32s seemed a bit better, but not by much, honestly, and overall the experience to me was more fatiguing than with the 700s. So, the old models would be better for studio and analytical listening, but perhaps not for fun or rather long sessions (i.e. while you work on your PC).
I haven't seen a detailed comparison between the 32ohm and the 700s here, and I can only go from memory.
Further, the 32ohms some say are easier to drive than the 80s, some say they require more voltage and thus are not easier. A guy even swears he tried the 250ohm back to back with the 32s and that they sounded better straight out of an iPhone... :thinking:
Perhaps the next closed-back Beyer model will get together the best of the two models, who knows.

Feb 15, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #564 of 898
Anybody else just wish they kept the same sound signature as the dt 770 and 990 pro 250ohm but made it a removeable cable. Wasnt that what we were all looking for anyways.
Actually I prefer the DT700 to both my DT770/80 and my dt770/32: those both have a bit stressful treble response, which makes the DT700 more long-term listenable. Plus the new pads are even more comfortable for me, although I really like the look of the DT770 and even prefer it’s headband to the new one

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #568 of 898
Does anyone think the DT700 Pro X is, apart from a very competent studio headphone, "fun" for regular music listening?
I think it has a beefy presentation that is quite open and impactful. It reminds me, with some obvious differences, to a closed version of the Fidelio X2HR: there may be some grainny treble here and there, and it may not be the king of raw resolution, but I really like the tonality and it makes for a very engaging listen.

Feb 16, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #569 of 898
Does anyone think the DT700 Pro X is, apart from a very competent studio headphone, "fun" for regular music listening?
I think it has a beefy presentation that is quite open and impactful. It reminds me, with some obvious differences, to a closed version of the Fidelio X2HR: there may be some grainny treble here and there, and it may not be the king of raw resolution, but I really like the tonality and it makes for a very engaging listen.
To me the DT700 is quite a fun to listen to, and rather far from more work-centered models like the Austrian Audio Hi-X60, which, to me, shows more classic studio headphone traits.

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #570 of 898
Yes I do think so. They are good for fun listening.
Also, the more I'm using them, the more I'm inclined to think they really are a tad overpriced.
I can't come up with any immediate contender in the same price range, but based on other cans under 200 euros I've listened to in the past, I have a feeling there might be something else this good (or almost this good) costing less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back