NEW BEYER REFRESH TOO! 990, 880, 770!
Feb 9, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #151 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by RP2X
Im falling in love with those DT770s, quick Question though?

Are they really for bassheads? Ive just got my HD595s Senns but wondering need some cans for night time use but they need to not leak noise and disturb others. Worth me trying the DT770s out? Would I notice a loss in sound quality compared to the open Senns I have?

Would this night use be in lying in bed? If so, that may affect your choice. Maybe someone who has them can speak up and tell me if I'm onto something or not, but I wonder if the A900's aren't too big and loose-fitting to work well laying on your back. Just a thought. However, from my readings, I also have the impression that the A900 would be the most direct closed 'phone competitor to the HD595.

Feb 10, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #152 of 181
Thats what ive also read the A900s there definatly similar to HD-595s which is perfect for me, the search shows a few people saying that also.

Just wondering if they isolate the noise and dont leak, since I will proberly be listening to music/scifi tv @ 2am

Yup its a bit tricky with large cans to lye back in bed, but few extra comfy pillows will fix that Im readjusting with the larger HD595s, gotta just get comfy/use to them shame cant crank up volume without disturbing.

Will ask people in the house if they heard a party the following morning
etysmile.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 9:27 AM Post #153 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by RP2X
Wonder if theres any other closed cans that dont leak noise and sound HD595 sorta hmmm

The AT A900 would be the one. They don't isolate as well as the Beyers but they are closed and sound similar to the HD 595.

Feb 10, 2006 at 1:49 PM Post #156 of 181
Jan at Meier Audio can sell you a pair of the 32 ohm ones.

Feb 10, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #157 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
The AT A900 would be the one. They don't isolate as well as the Beyers but they are closed and sound similar to the HD 595.

yup seems to be the general view
wink.gif

kitterick: thx nice comparision chart there, 595s may win but when there disturbing all they certainly dont win
580smile.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #158 of 181
I have to wonder how loud you guys play because with every open headphone (excluding grados, they leak big time) I've owned, if I take it off and put it 6 inches away from me, I hear nothing.

Feb 12, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #159 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
I have to wonder how loud you guys play because with every open headphone (excluding grados, they leak big time) I've owned, if I take it off and put it 6 inches away from me, I hear nothing.

Not that loud, I have to put my HD595s just a little up to appreciate the full sound and hear the vocals clear... but I can tell u even if I close the door and stand outside my room I can clearly hear it.

So I can tell family can hear it also... I dont know how u can put it 6 inches away and hear nothing.... I can only assume your in a louder atmosphere
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #160 of 181
I went ahead and ordered a pair from Meier audio, since I'm not sure Beyer is ever going to process my "Manufacture" order. If they do, I will just sell these.

First of all, I'm not sure on the look. In some ways nicer, in some ways not. The "stock" version of the new DT770 has a less than beautiful gray plastic cup. But it's nice enough looking.

It anything, it's MORE comfortable that the older version. Beyers reign supreme in comfort factor IMO -- better than Sennheisers to be sure, and let's not even talk about Grados. Only AKG's even compete.

Sound-wise, probably not fully broken in yet, but they do seem better balanced than prior versions, while retaining their basic sonic signature -- essentially a headphone with a built-in "loudness" curve. I will report more on this when they are broken in, less than 2 hours on them right now.

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:12 PM Post #161 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33

I'm not sure what y'all mean by leakage. Taking my HF-1's off, I cannot hear them from about 10 inches away from my head; and I have them louder than I usually do.
confused.gif
Could it be my work-environment is that loud?

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #162 of 181
The stock dt880 is my favorite.
biggrin.gif

Im talking about aesthetics, I've never actually heard any of these. Though I would very much like to.

Mar 13, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #164 of 181
This mirror's my experience. Beyer Germany seems to be very inconsistent about responding to email. And Beyer USA says all of these new versions are unavailable in the USA.

Mar 22, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #165 of 181
From Jan Meier:

Today I finally found some time to compare the 32 Ohm versions
of DT770/880/990 to their high impedance brothers.

I have to admit, I'm very positively surprised. Differences in
sound are indeed very small and may well be attributed to
differences in break-in periods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back