NEW BEYER REFRESH TOO! 990, 880, 770!
Jan 31, 2006 at 11:02 AM Post #106 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
No I haven't heard the old DT990.

Don't take my short audition as a fact. Source and amp were mediocre, they were brand new with no burn in and it was a very short audition.

But as said, they still impressed me. Must have for home audition.

Ok, thanx

Is that I can't still understand if the new DT990 is new also in the sound (compared to the one I own)...
confused.gif

bye
Andrew

Jan 31, 2006 at 11:45 AM Post #107 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Ok, thanx

Is that I can't still understand if the new DT990 is new also in the sound (compared to the one I own)...
confused.gif

bye
Andrew

Well how is the old DT990 vs. old DT880?

Jan 31, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #108 of 181
Feb 1, 2006 at 10:33 AM Post #109 of 181
Quote:

In my opinion, it's so:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137702

wink.gif

bye
Andrew

Nice review.

I ordered the new DT990 from one European online store. Got them for so good price that I couldn't resist. I think it'll take a while before I get them but I'll inform you when I do.

Feb 1, 2006 at 10:38 AM Post #110 of 181
Quote:

Nice review.

I ordered those new DT990 from one European online store. Got them for so good price that I couldn't resist. I think it'll take a while before I get them but I'll inform you when I do.

So you will have new restyled DT990?!? Good good very good.
eek.gif
580smile.gif

We will wait your listenings!

Happy music!
Andrew

EDIT - I don't remember if I've already said it, but... compliments for your amp/headphone rig, Rp5.1 and HD650 it's a marvellous combo. I listened to it with a Linn Sondek CD12 as source, a truly beautiful experience. That combo nearly stands in comparison with OmegaII+Rudistor Egmont Reference (I compared them directly).

Feb 1, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #111 of 181
Quote:

So you will have new restyled DT990?!? Good good very good.
eek.gif
580smile.gif

We will wait your listenings!

Happy music!
Andrew

EDIT - I don't remember if I've already said it, but... compliments for your amp/headphone rig, Rp5.1 and HD650 it's a marvellous combo. I listened to it with a Linn Sondek CD12 as source, a truly beautiful experience. That combo nearly stands in comparison with OmegaII+Rudistor Egmont Reference (I compared them directly).

Thanks for your compliments!

Yes they sure pair up incredibly well. With that source it was probably even better sounding than with my modest source.

I heard Omega II with 007t and source was Accuphase DP67. I think it was better than my 650s but not too much.

Feb 1, 2006 at 11:23 AM Post #112 of 181
Quote:

I ordered the new DT990 from one European online store. Got them for so good price that I couldn't resist.

Don't be a tease! Name the store!
biggrin.gif

Also, quick question (before I start reading extensively about'em): can you amp the 990's efficiently with the modest Porta Corda MkII?

Feb 1, 2006 at 11:30 AM Post #113 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by konstantinos
Don't be a tease! Name the store!
biggrin.gif

Also, quick question (before I start reading extensively about'em): can you amp the 990's efficiently with the modest Porta Corda MkII?

You might want to check what thomann.de offers.
biggrin.gif

Why shouldn't they work fine with Porta Corda if some mediocre Yamaha mini hifi system had no problems running them.

Feb 1, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #115 of 181
Quote:

You might want to check what thomann.de offers.
biggrin.gif

Why shouldn't they work fine with Porta Corda if some mediocre Yamaha mini hifi system had no problems running them.

Are they definitely the new version???

Feb 1, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #117 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
I just sent them an email to confirm that they are the new ones and to get a quote for the cost shipped to the US. I'm almost definitely biting!

Yep, me too, I already have DT880's which I like a lot. Would be very interested to hear what the new DT990's sound like!!!

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #118 of 181
Yes it's the new version. I called to them to make it sure.

I cancelled my order for now. I want to hear them first with my equipment before ordering them. I have some serious doubts that they could beat my beloved 650s but I'm still curious.

Feb 1, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #119 of 181
The picture of the dt 990's on the thomann.de site is different from that on the Meier Audio site. Are they definitely the 2006 version? They seem to be a very good price (138EUR vs 285EUR at Meier's) - too good to be true?

Feb 1, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #120 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervinos
The picture of the dt 990's on the thomann.de site is different from that on the Meier Audio site. Are they definitely the 2006 version? They seem to be a very good price (138EUR vs 285EUR at Meier's) - too good to be true?

I don't know what you're looking at but there's exactly the same picture on both pages. And the price isn't 138EUR on thomann.de. Take another look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back