New beats any good?
Mar 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

benboxbob

New Head-Fier
Hey, 
Just wondering are the new beats mixrs any good or is it the same stuff all over again?
(i might have put this post in the wrong section, its my first post sorry 'bout that)
smile.gif

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #6 of 12
I recommend the M-80s, they sound better than all the Beats and as a plus they are built like a tank.

Never heard the Bose OE2, cant give you any info on those sorry. lol

Mar 7, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 12
I bet the Mixrs are just the pros with the cups put on "monitoring rails" (I'm not sure what you would call them). In which case, no, they are not worth it. They sound okay... if they were 1/2 the price, but they're not. That's what it all comes down to. Brands like Bose and Beats aren't bad, just really overpriced and not something that's considered HiFi. I also bet that this is going to be the Beats' final hoorah before Monster drops the brand.

I haven't heard the Bose OE2, but I heard the AE2 and was surprised by how good they really were, for Bose anyway. I would still get something else in that price range since the build quality alone seems like crap as usual, and the M80s are miles ahead in terms of sound and build. They're also double the price so even if the AE2 was a worthy competitor, chances are the M80 would be better (which it is IMO).

Mar 7, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #10 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back