New Battery for Ipod
Oct 14, 2004 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

session76

100+ Head-Fier
I just received and installed a new battery for my 2nd gen 20 gb ipod. The battery life had gone down to around 5 hours. Apparently this one is rated to give over 21 hours of battery life. I just installed it which was an easy process. Getting the metal back off was the hardest part. I had to insert a sharp steaknife at the transition zone between the acrylic front and metal back of the ipod to get things going after i got the back off it was just a matter of unplugging the old and plugging the new one in. I'm charging it up now and will report back on real world battery life. It was 39.95 which seems like a relative bargain for an ipod with super extended battery life.
Check out the website if interested
http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_It...=NWTIPOD210012

Oct 16, 2004 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 2
This is a great battery it played for an entire day and then played all my tracks overnight (12 Hours) without running out of power. I could probably go for a week without charging it. I recommend this highly to anyone with a 1st or 2nd gen ipod whose battery is starting to wear out. It came with detailed instructions and plastic tools and took a total of five minutes to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back